This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

thinking about getting into the Assassin's Creed series.

#1wwarren19Posted 11/16/2013 5:42:46 PM
there are sooooooooo many AC games. I meant to get AC1 when all i had was a 360 back in the day. i put it off and next thing i know there's 1 every year. should i start with 1 or skip it and jump in later in the series?
---
msi 7970 | i5-2310 | asus p8h61m lx plus | patriot memory g2 8g | OCZ ModXStream Pro 700 | Samsung SSD 250g | WD 1tb | HAF 912 | AOC 29" IPS 2560x1080
#2aak57Posted 11/16/2013 5:44:36 PM
Play AC2 and Brotherhood then call it a day.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#3CatToyPosted 11/16/2013 5:53:53 PM(edited)
Skip 1, read a summary, then play in order. They are all very similar though, I would recommend giving some time between games.

You could probably skip 3 as well. I enjoyed it but it definitely had problems. The main character has the personality of a brick wall, making him annoying to play as in the story. He's far better in the side missions though.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#4SienrurouniPosted 11/16/2013 8:23:30 PM
Definitely play 1. It can be really repetitive and gets a lot of flack for it, but honestly it's the only one that does anything that interesting. You're actually playing as an assassin instead of it just being a generic action adventure game with boss fights and linear levels.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#5doctoglethorpePosted 11/16/2013 8:30:51 PM
Having never finished AC2 (part 1) and never played any of them sense, I actually think AC4 looks like a great time to jump back in (or jump in for the first time) since it seems to have pretty much abandoned the overarching story for more of a stand-alone spinoff venture.
#6DeathHopePosted 11/16/2013 9:16:27 PM
AC 1 -> Story of Al'tair
AC 2, Brotherhood, Relevation -> Ezio Auditore Da Firenze
AC 3 -> Connor

If i had the time I would play every single one of them but since nobody is that free I'd say play at least AC2, brotherhood and revelations.

AC1 gets boring fast but it is the game in the series that you will feel like an assassin the most. AC2 has vastly improved gameplay elements and is probably the fun-est entry in the series plus Ezio's storyline is the most interesting out of the 3 protangonist we have.

AC3 is just ....meh IMO. Just hit "watch Assassin's Creed III all cutscenes" in Youtube and watch it all.
---
PSN ID: EternalWrath
#7DerPancakePosted 11/16/2013 9:33:37 PM
I bought AC III because of this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUhraVG7Ow

I was dissapointed...
---
EVGA
#8spud_almightyPosted 11/16/2013 9:34:41 PM
Play the original first and see where you want to take it. It doesn't really have side quests and all the little stuff for the small minded people so it's mostly just story based. I personally think it's still the best in the series for the simple fact it's gameplay is pretty basic and doesn't try to do too much at once.
#9Tyranius2Posted 11/16/2013 9:43:12 PM
Play all of them in order. Don't listen to anyone telling you to skip the first
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#10KingDFizzlePosted 11/16/2013 9:43:20 PM
If you do want to play AC1, better do it now. It's very difficult to go back to after playing the later entries. The series made significant strides forward beginning with AC2.