This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Clevo W110ER (11.6" gaming laptop) still worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Clevo W110ER (11.6" gaming laptop) still worth it?

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#1
I'm still looking at a laptop replacement (never ended up buying that Gigabyte because I didn't end up needing the laptop that soon and now I'm considering cheaper options) because I'm not going to be keeping my desktop, and now I'm looking at the Clevo W110ER.

I used to have a M11x and liked the size, so that's not an issue. The screen res at 1366x768 kinda sucks (when there's a 13" laptop by Clevo with a 1080p screen), as well as the lack of a backlit keyboard, but on the other hand the lower screen res means the laptop has less of a hard time maxing a game at native res with those specs. Plus if I get it, I have no need for my Chromebook, since it'd be close to equally portable and much more useful.

That being said, if I can find one with the i7-3630QM (and the only GPU available - 2GB GT650M), for around $700 or less, would you guys say it's worth it? I don't know how the current gen of mobile processors compares, and I don't want to be in a situation like with my M11x where the old Core2Duo was holding me back from a lot, since I'll probably be keeping the laptop for a while.

Yes, I realize it'll be a huge step down in performance compared to my current desktop, but I don't think there's any game I own I wouldn't be able to max with those specs - and I'm trying to keep myself from buying anything else with my huge backlog.
Samsung ARM Chromebook * Galaxy Note 3 * NX300 * 3DS XL * AKA Magus77

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 years ago#2
You're still overpaying for what you get.
I'd prefer to just have a desktop for gaming and have some portable laptop for school/work etc.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#3
PraetorXyn posted...
You're still overpaying for what you get.
I'd prefer to just have a desktop for gaming and have some portable laptop for school/work etc.

I'll be moving back to my parents', and while I have the space for it, my previous desktop got the room unbearably hot pretty quickly, and I don't have the option to adjust the temp just for my room (especially in the winter). I got a M11x partially for that reason.

And I want something gaming-capable on-the-go as I'll be going to a friends' house often with it, and that's much more convenient than unplugging everything, taking the desktop/monitor/keyboard/etc, and then setting it all up there.
Samsung ARM Chromebook * Galaxy Note 3 * NX300 * 3DS XL * AKA Magus77
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Clevo W110ER (11.6" gaming laptop) still worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived