This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I preorder Thief 4?

#11ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/17/2013 11:59:17 AM
revolver posted...
I see your point of view, but I thought Eidos Montreal did a pretty decent job with Deus Ex HR and the original is probably my favorite game of all time so I'm not expecting a total trainwreck.

It's not the same team.

http://i.imgur.com/pK3myV8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mmNeIEA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QYAXmkU.jpg
#12Ch3wyPosted 11/17/2013 12:01:36 PM
You shouldn't pre-order anything ever.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#13revolver(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 12:08:59 PM
Thanks PCH, I'll refrain from giving them my money, and just be grateful that we're going to see another dishonored game which seems to be the closest we'll get to a new thief.

Also, installing Thief 2 with some graphics mods. Excited to play it again with the new dark engine that got released as I'm almost done my SS2 playthrough and the updated engine feels really good.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 4 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#14reincarnator07Posted 11/17/2013 1:00:31 PM
revolver posted...
The cranky hermit posted...
Pre-ordering games is for suckers. No exceptions.

I disagree with that. For example I'm going to buy Dark Souls 2 no matter what, so why wouldn't I pay for it immediately and get to pre load it?

Because they might screw up everything that made the first good? Even franchises like X and Total War have gone down the drain a fair bit. Since it's not like digital copies run out of stock, you gain literally nothing aside from pre order bonuses from ordering early.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#15steveboblarryPosted 11/17/2013 1:13:14 PM
Well you can get it for 20.00 on ebay
---
Official TimePharaoh Fanboy #1
Put this in your sig if you are a TimePharaoh fanboy
#16revolver(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 1:15:30 PM
reincarnator07 posted...
revolver posted...
The cranky hermit posted...
Pre-ordering games is for suckers. No exceptions.

I disagree with that. For example I'm going to buy Dark Souls 2 no matter what, so why wouldn't I pay for it immediately and get to pre load it?

Because they might screw up everything that made the first good? Even franchises like X and Total War have gone down the drain a fair bit. Since it's not like digital copies run out of stock, you gain literally nothing aside from pre order bonuses from ordering early.

Solid enough logic unless you're talking about games that I'm going to buy no matter what and play at midnight after they're preloaded like Dark Souls 2, Half Life 3 etc.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 4 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#17Orestes417Posted 11/17/2013 1:34:14 PM
I don't advise preordering anything for pretty much any reason. Especially not PC games. There will be no shortage when reviews are out
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#18FeatherwindPosted 11/17/2013 1:48:01 PM
Some of the more shady devs give extra content or free DLC for pre-ordering. If a person is pretty sure he will buy the game then this is technically a reason to pre-order. I don't know if this is a very ethical practice since it's basically encouraging the customers to make uninformed purchases based on hype & vague promises by denying content or increasing the price of the complete experience if they hesitate.
---
pathological
#19_LegendaryPunk_Posted 11/17/2013 2:20:22 PM
Wait for reviews. The game is NOT going to be like the original Thief games...but it may still be a good game in it's own right.

At least they decided to remove QTE situations based on fan backlash.
---
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."
#20LoshadtPosted 11/17/2013 3:08:17 PM
Jesus Christ no, what is wrong with you? While you're at it why not go buy DmC:Devil may Cry? Because this is lining up to be just as big of a f*** up.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.