This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need to upgrade my RAM. What should I get?

#11JockoPosted 11/18/2013 11:30:50 AM
funfive.net/images/Oh%20HI!%20I%20upgraded%20your%20Ram.jpg
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#12Lady UnePosted 11/18/2013 11:42:06 AM
DDR4 should be out before 2014.

Though that would necessitate a new mobo.

Just some food for thought. I just rebuilt my PC this month and kind of wish I'd held off.
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.
#13Danzorz88Posted 11/18/2013 11:45:01 AM
Just download more RAM

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/downloading.html
---
My PC (updated 06.15.13) : http://www.sysprofile.de/id150256
#14RagnarokxvPosted 11/18/2013 11:53:29 AM
I always get Corsair (brand).
Top quality and the best customer service available for computer parts bar none.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#15ShubPosted 11/18/2013 12:00:29 PM
Ragnarokxv posted...
Top quality and the best customer service available for computer parts bar none.

Bah. Nothing wrong with Corsair but there are other brands with customer service just as good as Corsair's, and since Corsair doesn't make the RAM it sells anyway, it stops mattering. I say get the cheapest RAM from a reputable brand. If it's G.Skill, Samsung, Mushkin, Corsair, Crucial, it doesn't matter.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#16shdwdrgnixPosted 11/18/2013 12:08:22 PM
Shub posted...
Ragnarokxv posted...

Bah. Nothing wrong with Corsair but there are other brands with customer service just as good as Corsair's, and since Corsair doesn't make the RAM it sells anyway, it stops mattering. I say get the cheapest RAM from a reputable brand. If it's G.Skill, Samsung, Mushkin, Corsair, Crucial, it doesn't matter.

I think corsair is the cheapest among the ones you listed, but mushkin might be cheaper.

Also if you plan to add another 8GB stick wouldn't it be better if its the same as the one already installed?
#17VIP86Posted 11/18/2013 3:20:22 PM
shdwdrgnix posted...
Shub posted...
Ragnarokxv posted...

I think corsair is the cheapest among the ones you listed, but mushkin might be cheaper.

Also if you plan to add another 8GB stick wouldn't it be better if its the same as the one already installed?

Crucial is actually cheaper by around 10-15 bucks for 2x4gb sticks. I've been checking every couple of weeks.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750