This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever notice how console fanboys who hate PC gaming can't seem to leave it alone?

#41GoIrish80Posted 11/18/2013 2:50:34 PM
I just ignore the blatant stupidity of many, it's just idiots being idiots online. There's no reason to even dignify people like that with a response.

The thing that irritates me is I find it very convenient that the O-N-L-Y time someone who prefers console gaming finds it worthwhile to discuss things like resolution, frame rate, system specs, etc, is when new consoles are released. You bring up any of that stuff to a person 2 years after a console is released and the response is "Graphics aren't that important!" Yet when new consoles are releasing, it's the only freaking thing they want to talk about. Gee.....I wonder why that is?

Graphics ARE important, it just seems like there are a lot of people who only like to talk about them when the conversation benefits them.

~2 years from now when the PC is at 4k native and PS4/Xbox One are just figuring out how to consistently hit 1080p/60fps, they'll be right back to "That's not the most important thing!"

I just get sick and tired of the hypocrisy. You either care a lot about the visuals, or you don't. And if you don't, that's fine. Buy a $400 console and enjoy it. But don't freaking flip out at a PC person who points out that the PC is capable of the best visuals when all it is is the TRUTH.

What I really wish is that the conversations would just cease to exist, because the 2 devices should not even be compared. PC is the high end, "enthusiast" product. Console is the mass market, made for easy consumption device. They BOTH have a place in the market and serve their purpose well. But it gets a little old watching people compare a Ferrari to a Toyota Corolla. They both "work." Use whichever one you prefer and just shut up with all the pointless bickering back and forth.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#42ArthasRebornPosted 11/18/2013 2:52:50 PM
sonic_man00 posted...
Why can't PC gamers and Console gamers be nice to each other? Look at me. I play Console and PC. Like both, Hate neither. PC games have better graphics and lots of mods, While Consoles have smooth frames (Depending)and other things.

A lot of us on this board have a gaming PC and at least one console, actually. The 3DS topic has plenty of people who play theirs regularly and there has been at least one poll on this board about multiplatform owners.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#43JudgmenlPosted 11/18/2013 2:55:59 PM
Ever notice how PC "elitists" always bash other people????
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://i.imgur.com/0Awd55E.png - Opinions =/= Truth.
#44MrBadingerPosted 11/18/2013 2:57:49 PM
Fanboys from all systems ( including PC ) are inherently ignorant to other types of games & systems. Fanboys should not be listened to, instead they should be ignored. If you can't ignore them the castrate them so there ignorance of other systems don't spread to the next gen of gamers.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0473-8300-9392
#45The cranky hermitPosted 11/18/2013 3:01:40 PM
PC games have better graphics and lots of mods, While Consoles have smooth frames (Depending)and other things.

You put "smooth frames" in the wrong column there. Nearly every PC game of this generation can pull off a constant 60fps or more, and nearly every console game cannot. Many can't even maintain a constant 30 (e.g. Dark Souls and its infamous Lag Town).

Can't argue with "other things" though.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
#46smith433Posted 11/18/2013 3:12:52 PM
That's a good point. I actually game on both consoles and PC's. There are certain games that I prefer on consoles (ex. Fighting and sports) and some I prefer on PC (RTS for example). If these guys were true gamers, they would have learned what all of us old ones learned eons ago. It's not about the console, it's about the game. If you like it better on PC then good. If you like it better on a PS4 than good. In the end, it really doesn't matter as long as you had fun with the game.
---
3DS FC: 1547-5191-1320
X IGN: Brandon Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Dusklops
#47Mortuss_ZeroPosted 11/18/2013 3:16:15 PM
Tucker_BA posted...
Silly TC, everyone sucks.

---
Wake up and face me. Don't play dead, because maybe one day I will walk away and say "you disappoint me, maybe you're better off this way"
#48OmgitsMarioPosted 11/18/2013 3:19:01 PM
You have it completely backwards. Us "console gamers" are provoked by you "PC gamers" who constantly put the consoles down, whether it's because of the controller, the graphics, the price, just the overall specs.
---
The blue moon has risen!
#49OmgitsMarioPosted 11/18/2013 3:26:28 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
I just ignore the blatant stupidity of many, it's just idiots being idiots online. There's no reason to even dignify people like that with a response.

The thing that irritates me is I find it very convenient that the O-N-L-Y time someone who prefers console gaming finds it worthwhile to discuss things like resolution, frame rate, system specs, etc, is when new consoles are released. You bring up any of that stuff to a person 2 years after a console is released and the response is "Graphics aren't that important!" Yet when new consoles are releasing, it's the only freaking thing they want to talk about. Gee.....I wonder why that is?

Graphics ARE important, it just seems like there are a lot of people who only like to talk about them when the conversation benefits them.

~2 years from now when the PC is at 4k native and PS4/Xbox One are just figuring out how to consistently hit 1080p/60fps, they'll be right back to "That's not the most important thing!"

I just get sick and tired of the hypocrisy. You either care a lot about the visuals, or you don't. And if you don't, that's fine. Buy a $400 console and enjoy it. But don't freaking flip out at a PC person who points out that the PC is capable of the best visuals when all it is is the TRUTH.

What I really wish is that the conversations would just cease to exist, because the 2 devices should not even be compared. PC is the high end, "enthusiast" product. Console is the mass market, made for easy consumption device. They BOTH have a place in the market and serve their purpose well. But it gets a little old watching people compare a Ferrari to a Toyota Corolla. They both "work." Use whichever one you prefer and just shut up with all the pointless bickering back and forth.

I agree with you on all points. One possible reason why console enthusiasts bring up graphics when new consoles release is because they're not including PCs. I know when I bash the X1 about graphics and praise the PS4 (excuse the fanboy deep inside me lol), I don't consider PC in the argument. I already know it has the greatest potential for graphic fidelity, it's just that PCs don't go hand in hand with the other consoles like the PS4 and X1.
---
The blue moon has risen!
#50KingDFizzlePosted 11/18/2013 3:37:33 PM
PC gamers and console gamers are equally bad about trolling the other side.

The difference is, PC gamers are right.