This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Going to order a 290, which manufacturer is best?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Going to order a 290, which manufacturer is best?

User Info: MuayThaiJesus

MuayThaiJesus
3 years ago#1
I know I've asked the question before but there was really no consensus. I don't want to screw this up.

User Info: Trance_Fan

Trance_Fan
3 years ago#2
if it's reference model i would go with sapphire, if it's aftermarket cooler msi or asus
i think it's nice

MuayThaiJesus
3 years ago#3
Trance_Fan posted...
if it's reference model i would go with sapphire, if it's aftermarket cooler msi or asus

I don't think I would really need an aftermarket cooler, just crank up MSI afterburner

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#4
Trance_Fan posted...

This.
I hate windows 8!

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#5
MuayThaiJesus posted...
Trance_Fan posted...

I don't think I would really need an aftermarket cooler, just crank up MSI afterburner

Omg someone with a brain finally realized you could do this. I would personally like to thank you. Here's an imaginary check for $100 in internet cookies.
I hate windows 8!

MuayThaiJesus
3 years ago#6
ThePCElitist posted...
MuayThaiJesus posted...
Trance_Fan posted...

Omg someone with a brain finally realized you could do this. I would personally like to thank you. Here's an imaginary check for $100 in internet cookies.

Why do people not realize you can adjust fan speeds?

User Info: superdarkshadow

superdarkshadow
3 years ago#7
Some of the Powercolor ones can be flashed to a 290X, so that might be worth checking out. There don't seem to be any 290 s with custom coolers out yet, so I guess that doesn't make much difference. You can't really go wrong with Sapphire if you don't plan on trying flashing.
Corsair TX950W|ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe|Intel Core i5 2500K|CM Hyper 212+|ASUS GTX 670 DC2|Crucial M4 128GB |Samsung Spinpoint F3|CM 690 II Advanced|2x Dell U2312HM

User Info: Trance_Fan

Trance_Fan
3 years ago#8
MuayThaiJesus posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
MuayThaiJesus posted...
Trance_Fan posted...

Why do people not realize you can adjust fan speeds?

the aftermarket models come with custom pcb so you get more than fan speed
i think it's nice

User Info: Saber_Dark

Saber_Dark
3 years ago#9
People realize you can adjust fan speeds. They just also realize it makes the card really loud and don't want to do that.

MuayThaiJesus
3 years ago#10
Saber_Dark posted...
People realize you can adjust fan speeds. They just also realize it makes the card really loud and don't want to do that.

I use a headset, doesn't make a difference to me.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Going to order a 290, which manufacturer is best?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived