This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any tips on how to get rid of screen tearing?

#11WerdnAndreWPosted 11/18/2013 1:09:42 PM
I've never found a way to get rid of screen tearing but not have input lag. Hard Reset is the only game where I can enable triple buffering and not have any lag.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#12GarquillPosted 11/18/2013 1:14:48 PM
keep your eye on the upcoming g-sync monitors
they get rid of screen tearing by having the monitor's refresh rate sync with the framerate
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#13THEB0SS666Posted 11/18/2013 1:21:36 PM(edited)
I want gsync. This is my monitor I think it should work with gsync.
---
dell xps 7100 gtx 660sc 8gb ram amd phenom x6 1045t 3.2ghz 1.5tbhdd
Moderators are filthy disgusting creatures.
#14InsuRnPosted 11/18/2013 1:51:33 PM
In-game VSync works well for some games (ex: Metro 2033), but not-so-well for others (ex: Bioshock Infinite). It is really hit-or-miss.
---
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 - i5 2500k - Sapphire AMD Radeon HD7850 OC - 8Gb G.SKILL DDR3 - Crucial M4 SSD - ASUS BD-R - CM Storm Trooper /// PS3 - X360 - Wii U
#15CM_Mojica(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 2:02:59 PM
MI2Dragon posted...
Only a few games work with the Triple Buffering that is enabled through the NCP. Your best bet is to download D3DOverrider and enable Triple Buffering (and V-Sync of course) through that. After that, keep the program running in the background and disable the in-game V-Sync.

When the game is launched, a "beeping" sound will notify you that the D3D software is working.

Can you point me in the direction of that program? i can't seem to find it.
---
Hunter1534
#16CM_Mojica(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 2:54:28 PM
bump
---
Hunter1534
#17KillerTrufflePosted 11/18/2013 3:22:20 PM
Triple buffering minimizes some of the issues Vsync can cause.

Standard buffering uses two buffers - one holding the frame to be displayed, and one holding the *next* frame as it renders. With standard (double) buffering, if that second buffer fills up before it's ready to be used, it basically has to wait to start processing a new frame until the next refresh cycle when it can transfer to the front buffer and start the new one. This can occasionally cause the game to feel laggy or jittery. The system can't even start the process of rendering the next frame until the one in the second buffer is displayed.

Triple buffering gives *two* extra buffers after the display buffer, so that there's the display buffer showing the current frame, plus the secondary buffer that holds the most recent fully rendered frame, ready to go, and a third "working" buffer to actually hold the most current frame being rendered. With triple buffering, the system doesn't have to wait for a new refresh cycle to start rendering the next frame. Since the secondary buffer hasn't been displayed yet, if the third buffer fills up, it can instantly transfer to the second buffer, ready to display, and the third can then start working right away on a new frame. The secondary buffer will always hold the most recently rendered complete frame, ready to show as soon as the next refresh cycle comes. (Note that the second and third buffers don't necessarily swap that way - the system can also just alternate which one it renders to so there's always one complete frame available.)

This doesn't help much if you're already getting lower framerates tho - if no new frame is rendered and ready yet at the end of a refresh cycle, it'll just show the same frame a second time while it waits for the next new frame to finish.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#18CM_Mojica(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 3:34:17 PM
CM_Mojica posted...
MI2Dragon posted...
Only a few games work with the Triple Buffering that is enabled through the NCP. Your best bet is to download D3DOverrider and enable Triple Buffering (and V-Sync of course) through that. After that, keep the program running in the background and disable the in-game V-Sync.

When the game is launched, a "beeping" sound will notify you that the D3D software is working.

Can you point me in the direction of that program? i can't seem to find it.

Nobody? :(
---
Hunter1534
#19MI2DragonPosted 11/18/2013 4:10:15 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that you have to download it from the Rivatuner website. Also, the answer to a future question of yours is... Just leave it at "Moderate".
---
100 percent of the people I asked, would recommend this sig to their friends.
#20dermoratrakenPosted 11/18/2013 4:20:19 PM
Have you tried monitor tape?