This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which X3 game is the most complete?

#1josh_bPosted 11/18/2013 11:30:51 PM
I bought the humble bundle a while ago that had all the games in it. While I played the original X3 back in the day im not sure which to play now. Which version is the most complete version and offers the best experience.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#2RavenoussdPosted 11/18/2013 11:44:46 PM(edited)
not sure exactly, but the newest is ablion prelude.....but i put in 600+ hours on terran conflict and i am very very very satisfied with it

i THINK albion prelude has everything that x3 TC has and more?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8
#3josh_b(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 1:03:31 AM
Ravenoussd posted...
not sure exactly, but the newest is ablion prelude.....but i put in 600+ hours on terran conflict and i am very very very satisfied with it

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#4Sk0rbutPosted 11/19/2013 4:23:30 AM
Ravenoussd posted...

Not exactly, no. The games are very similar, but when AP came out it was missing a lot of the things that were plot-rewards in TC. Since then AP has been patched with its own plots to include the more important things that were missing from TC like the jumpgate hub and the player hq, but there are still a few minor things in TC that AP does not have like for example the old Xperimental ship.

Off the top of my head the main differences between TC and AP are:

- The games each have their own main and side plots (AP plots seem to be shorter and definitely easier than TC plots)

- AP has the stock market, which imho is a far too easy way to make money early on in the game. It's nice if you're just coming from an old TC savegame and you just want to skip the early game, but it can definitely break the game for you if you don't have self control

- AP pretty much requires you to choose a side between Terrans and the other races while in TC you can be friends with everyone (it's possible in AP too, but its far more difficult and tedious)

- AP has a few new ships and sectors that are not in TC

- The whole plot of AP revolves around a war between the Terrans and the rest of the universe and there are a few dangerous central sectors in which there are constant battles. Not only does this mean it's very easy to lose one of your ships in these sectors if you are not careful, but you'll also about once every ten minutes get reminders about the state of the war which can be incredibly annoying. When I last played AP about half a year ago there was no way to end this war, but this might have changed in the meantime.
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
#5sauruschamp1Posted 11/19/2013 6:48:27 AM
Not to highjack the topic but if I was interested in playing the series what game should i buy? should i just get the superbox or is there a specific game i should get or atleast start with if i do buy the superbox (either way i will probably wait to see if it appeara in a christmas sale)?
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
#6Bikes-Posted 11/19/2013 6:57:49 AM
sauruschamp1 posted...
Not to highjack the topic but if I was interested in playing the series what game should i buy? should i just get the superbox or is there a specific game i should get or atleast start with if i do buy the superbox (either way i will probably wait to see if it appeara in a christmas sale)?

The super box was a humble weekly bundle a while back, see if you can get a trade for that since it's probably still cheapish.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#7sauruschamp1Posted 11/19/2013 7:18:30 AM
Ok
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
#8WinpusPosted 11/19/2013 8:02:48 AM
A lot of the hardcore fans argue that X2 is the better X game. I can't remember why, though, I think it has to do with some of the trade mechanics.

As for where to start, the plot starts with Beyond the Frontier. Most people don't play the games for the lack luster plot, though, and would recommend just catching it on the Wiki. X:BTF is full of poor design decisions which really start getting fixed in X:Tension. If you're not in it for the story at all, but just the sandbox, the general consensus is Albion Prelude, but a lot of people that were already into the series when AP released just stuck with Terran Conflict.
#9El_KazPosted 11/19/2013 10:50:49 AM
X3AP with mods.
You can mod the TC plots into AP, making TC pretty much entirely obsolete.
---
Wait... what?