This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could use help with video capture

#1HarmonicWavePosted 11/18/2013 11:21:10 PM
I'm trying to get a simple video capture setup going to record video from a VCR into my PC. I have an ATI TV Wonder 600 that I'm borrowing from someone, but the problem is I can't get the drivers or software figured out to actually use the hardware because it's no longer supported on their site.

So if I want an inexpensive way to capture video, which device is best and which software is best to go with it. I don't need anything fancy or professional, just something that works well and doesn't cost much.
---
Video gamer since 1987... before that I actually played outside in the dirt, making mountains and rivers with a shovel and a garden hose.
#2peteybooPosted 11/19/2013 4:28:30 AM
Pinnacle Dazzle is good for $50. I'll assume this VCR is composite only since, you know, it's a VCR.

You can use the Pinnacle Studio it comes with or download a program called AmarecTV. It takes a bit of setting up, but it's easier to use in the end, and has a bit more flexibility.
---
Gee, it sure is boring around here. *rolls eyes*
I do Let's Plays sometimes! Current game: glitching Pokemon Blue Version http://www.youtube.com/user/peteyboo
#3HarmonicWave(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 11:06:34 PM
Thanks, that looks like just what I'm looking for.

Actually, the VCR is a combo unit with a DVD recorder, so it also has component video out that displays whatever is output through the unit. I have my old Nintendo game systems hooked up to it so I can play them on my HDTV with the clearest possible picture (not HD, but better than composite).
---
Video gamer since 1987... before that I actually played outside in the dirt, making mountains and rivers with a shovel and a garden hose.