This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you guys feel if there was now a fee to play online?

#21petran78Posted 11/19/2013 12:03:24 PM
even if there is, there always be a free or hacked p2p version. screw achievements.
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#22AsucaHayashiPosted 11/19/2013 12:19:39 PM(edited)
Its easy for you to say that because you've still been well above current gen (well.. currentish?). If you had been using a PC all these years less capable then a console you'd probably think more highly of them.

i used to think highly of them regardless of what computer i had... and then came the xbox and now the only thing that currently separates my computer from the ps4 is apparently a touchscreen controller and 6/19 games unavailable to me.

Also, going PC just for mods is silly these days, its an over..mentioned.. askpect of PC gaming. Basially a few RPG's I can count on my hand actually have any real support and community for modding.

yet it's 100% better than the complete lack of support of mods on consoles...

also, just because you can only think of a handful doesn't mean there aren't far more out there that add extra longevity to any given game at the price of $0... eg. state of decay's george romero zombie mod to name a very recent one.

The steam sales is a bit of a backwards reason to be a PC gamer too since, at the end of the day, the extra money spent on hardware balances it out anyways.

my steam catalogue alone is worth 2k with a real price tag of "maybe" $400~... if my original setup was around $800 and spent $200 on the gpu that's still $400 i have "left over" and each game purchase only adds to that(not to mention if i choose to dump it back into hardware for better performance than next-gen consoles, that can only be a good thing).

couple that with free online and the literal thousands of hours i've spent on f2p games(TF2, dota 2, LoL, marvel heroes>_> etc.) without spending anything, there's no question what platform has given me the most value for my money.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#23DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/19/2013 12:06:20 PM
I wouldn't pay it. Plain 'n simple.
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley