This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you guys feel if there was now a fee to play online?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How would you guys feel if there was now a fee to play online?
2 years ago#21
even if there is, there always be a free or hacked p2p version. screw achievements.
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
2 years ago#22
Its easy for you to say that because you've still been well above current gen (well.. currentish?). If you had been using a PC all these years less capable then a console you'd probably think more highly of them.

i used to think highly of them regardless of what computer i had... and then came the xbox and now the only thing that currently separates my computer from the ps4 is apparently a touchscreen controller and 6/19 games unavailable to me.

Also, going PC just for mods is silly these days, its an over..mentioned.. askpect of PC gaming. Basially a few RPG's I can count on my hand actually have any real support and community for modding.

yet it's 100% better than the complete lack of support of mods on consoles...

also, just because you can only think of a handful doesn't mean there aren't far more out there that add extra longevity to any given game at the price of $0... eg. state of decay's george romero zombie mod to name a very recent one.

The steam sales is a bit of a backwards reason to be a PC gamer too since, at the end of the day, the extra money spent on hardware balances it out anyways.

my steam catalogue alone is worth 2k with a real price tag of "maybe" $400~... if my original setup was around $800 and spent $200 on the gpu that's still $400 i have "left over" and each game purchase only adds to that(not to mention if i choose to dump it back into hardware for better performance than next-gen consoles, that can only be a good thing).

couple that with free online and the literal thousands of hours i've spent on f2p games(TF2, dota 2, LoL, marvel heroes>_> etc.) without spending anything, there's no question what platform has given me the most value for my money.
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
2 years ago#23
I wouldn't pay it. Plain 'n simple.
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How would you guys feel if there was now a fee to play online?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived