This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wha? Wtf why are crap like these getting through GreenLight?

#201ClouddxPosted 11/26/2013 1:46:41 PM(edited)
DerPancake posted...
xanthan1 posted...

No, gravity is an observable part of reality and in no way subjective. I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between facts and opinions, but that is the stupidest response you could possibly post.

Man being the best hunter is subjective, as is the cheetah being a good hunter. You have facts you can use to back up these opinions, but that doesn't magically make them true,

So now a fact is just an opinion. ****** LOL!!! xanthan why did you even get in this conversation.

If I have facts to prove something, how is it still an opinion?

Humans being the best hunters is also an observable part of reality, we know, we control the earth, we have the weapons to hunt any animal out there. So how is still an opinion?

*Facepalm* now you're just making a fool of yourself. I would stop now.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#202xanthan1Posted 11/26/2013 1:48:28 PM
DerPancake posted...
xanthan1 posted...

No, gravity is an observable part of reality and in no way subjective. I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between facts and opinions, but that is the stupidest response you could possibly post.

Man being the best hunter is subjective, as is the cheetah being a good hunter. You have facts you can use to back up these opinions, but that doesn't magically make them true,

So now a fact is just an opinion. ****** LOL!!! xanthan why did you even get in this conversation.

Humans being the best hunters is also an observable part of reality, we know, we control the world, we have the weapons to hunt any animal out there. So how is still an opinion?

And you have 0 reading comprehension. Facts that lend credence to an opinion do not make it a fact, just an opinion with supporting evidence you could use to get others to think the same way. I'm sorry he concept of evidence not magically making an opinion a fact is hard for you.
Here's a hint:
Your trouble with the concept so far is evidence you are stupid. It doesn't prove you are, it merely makes people think so.
Or
Bob likes the apple he just ate. This is evidence it is a good apple. That does not magically make his opinion it is a good apple a fact.
#203DerPancake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 2:05:53 PM
xanthan1 posted...
DerPancake posted...
xanthan1 posted...

Humans being the best hunters is also an observable part of reality, we know, we control the world, we have the weapons to hunt any animal out there. So how is still an opinion?

And you have 0 reading comprehension. Facts that lend credence to an opinion do not make it a fact, just an opinion with supporting evidence you could use to get others to think the same way. I'm sorry he concept of evidence not magically making an opinion a fact is hard for you.
Here's a hint:
Your trouble with the concept so far is evidence you are stupid. It doesn't prove you are, it merely makes people think so.
Or
Bob likes the apple he just ate. This is evidence it is a good apple. That does not magically make his opinion it is a good apple a fact.

Or the fact that an apple is good for you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#204ClouddxPosted 11/26/2013 2:06:36 PM
^ woooooooooooosh right over your head.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#205Worknofun370Posted 11/26/2013 2:07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure DerPancake is trolling, and trolling hard and successfully.
#206KillerTrufflePosted 11/26/2013 2:33:54 PM
So basically, you're saying that to qualify as a "good hunter," you simply have to not be an extinct species? What kind of sense does that make? There could be species that were excellent hunters and were simply wiped out by something unrelated... does that somehow mean they weren't great hunters all of a sudden?

i.e. Species 1 is a hunter that kills 7 animals per week.
Species 2 is a hunter that kills 3 animals per week.
Species 3 is a hunter that kills 1 animal per week.

Based on that, you could claim an opinion that species 2 is a better hunter than species 3, and species 1 is a better hunter than species 2. Why is that an opinion though? Because what if species 3 only kills 1 animal per week because that's all they need to eat? What if that 1 animal species 3 kills each week is a blue whale? Does that suddenly mean it's better than species 1 since it's going through much more meat with each kill?

Now say species 1 kills off species 2. Does the fact that species 2 no longer exists suddenly mean it was a crappy hunter? Was it suddenly worse than species 3? Just because another species wiped it out? No, its hunting ability had nothing at all to do with its survival.

Now a meteor comes and exterminates all of them. Does that suddenly mean they were "bad" hunters after all, just because they're extinct? Your basis on calling hunters "good" simply because they aren't extinct is pretty ridiculous.

As for humans being the "best" hunters, that then ought to mean that if you match up a human vs. any other animal, hunting each other, the human should win, right? Why are so many humans killed by animals then? Humans keep getting killed by mountain lions, sharks, tigers, bears, and loads more animals. Seems 1-on-1, most humans are actually pretty lousy at hunting. How many people do you think would actually survive a month out in the wilderness on their own, even if they're not being hunted by something else? See how if you change the parameters, it's not so clear? The simple fact that we *can* change the parameters that define "good" or "bad" means it's not a fact.

You put gravity into the mix too. Gravity keeps us stuck to the earth - that isn't "supported by lots of evidence," that IS the evidence. But even if it were supported by lots of evidence, you're drawing a false correlation. Gravity is not a judgment call like "good" or "bad" is. It is objectively observed. And based on observation thus far, gravity follows the *exact* same set of rules in every instance - you can't change the parameters on it like you can in your definition of good hunters.

See, this is the sort of mess you get into when you try to call opinions facts. You just really can't support that. It's unfortunate your parents didn't teach you about these things when you were little.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#207DerPancake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 3:00:45 PM
So which species that were excellent hunters are extinct? If a meteor comes and kills everyone its a different, because thats outside of what survival of the fittest is.gm

Well no crap many of them will die in the wilderness because they have no knowledge, you are throwing that human out of its habitat and just like most animals they will die outside its habitat,(I mean throw a Lion inside a city, and it will probably get killed by the cops or captured as soon as you throw him there) but we can adapt to it and turn the tide around easily, there is a reason humans are at the top of the food chain. Also compare the ratio of the animals we kill the humans killed by animals, maybe you should have used common sense for this one.

and for Gravity you need it evidence to show Earth is the one pulling is down, it could been something else, just like some people still think Earth is flat, there is evidence to prove them wrong. Or how Oxygen is good for us, is that an opinion? I mean we need Oxygen to survive, Smoke is bad, it can kill you, well I guess a smoker is going to disagree even though he will die from lung cancer soon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#208KillerTrufflePosted 11/26/2013 3:08:30 PM
So I'm curious... what is *your* definition of an opinion? Do opinions not actually exist, and everything is fact - but only if you're the one who believes it?
---
#209KillerTrufflePosted 11/26/2013 3:19:07 PM
Also... apex predator that is now extinct: American Lion.
---