This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are any of the Humble Weekly Sale games worth getting?

#1maybecallsPosted 11/20/2013 1:53:57 AM
$1+:-

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Galaxy On Fire 2: Full HD
Thunder Wolves
Jagged Alliance: Classics

$6+:-

Jagged Alliance: Crossfire
Expeditions: Conquistador

Is Galaxy On Fire 2 actually a decnt space shooter?
#2ZarkPosted 11/20/2013 3:13:30 AM
No experience with the others, but the Jagged Alliance: Classics pack contains Jagged Alliance 2, which is one of my favorite games of all time and is definitely worth getting.
#3KabtheMentatPosted 11/20/2013 3:29:23 AM
Expeditions Conquistador is a pretty interesting game. Strategy RPG that takes place in the 1500s Caribbean? Sign me up.

It actually plays a lot of like a Tactics game, such as Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem. But it's not all just fighting, there's diplomacy stuff similar to dialogue choices from Fallout 1/2/NV.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#4FaPaThYPosted 11/20/2013 3:38:24 AM
maybecalls posted...

Is Galaxy On Fire 2 actually a decnt space shooter?

Coming from someone who's played over 20hrs of it, not really. It's just a poor man's Freelancer. Combat consists of holding down the strafe button to become unhittable and winning every fight almost effortlessly because the AI is dumb as hell. Everything about the game is pretty mediocre by PC space combat and trading sim standards.(It's a port of a mobile game)

Can't say anything about the other games.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#5r0ge00Posted 11/20/2013 5:09:42 AM
Zark posted...
Jagged Alliance: Classics

The $1 option is worth it for that alone.
#6maybecalls(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 1:51:17 PM
Hmmm, I can't decide. I already have so many hardly played games in my Steam folder..........
#7SteamsterPosted 11/20/2013 1:53:48 PM
maybecalls posted...
Hmmm, I can't decide. I already have so many hardly played games in my Steam folder..........

Then do it for the charity.

You can obviously afford to do it.
#8snesmaster40Posted 11/20/2013 1:54:58 PM
JA Crossfire seems to be a buggy mess which was never fixed. Seems like a pretty meh bundle though.
---
Are we not men?
#9Last Grand MageX2Posted 11/20/2013 2:04:09 PM
I bought it for Expeditions: Conquistador and the Jagged Alliance classics pack. As far as I can recall this is the cheapest that E:C has been available for so to my mind it was worth it just for that one game.

However, I'm a big fan of turn-based strategy games so these games may appeal to me more than you.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch