This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the Nvidia 331.82 driver update for you?

#1KnifegashPosted 11/20/2013 7:39:01 AM
I saw that they were up this morning before I left for work, so I set it to download and will install later. I scanned the change logs and among them were significant improvements to the heavy-hitting games like Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, and Metro Last Light. I wanted to see what if the update is stable for you guys, and if the changes are as markedly noticeable as they would seem.
---
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6
#2SinisterSlayPosted 11/20/2013 7:39:58 AM
I just hope one day I can get passed 314.22
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3Rexdragon125Posted 11/20/2013 7:42:58 AM
You have a defective card, RMA it or buy a new one.
#4SinisterSlayPosted 11/20/2013 7:44:29 AM
Rexdragon125 posted...

It's part of a laptop.

Laptop already had its board replaced once, so technically I got two bad ones already.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5Rexdragon125Posted 11/20/2013 7:47:19 AM
That's unfortunate. I still have a 2009 Asus gaming laptop with a Geforce GTX260M still happily using the latest drivers.
#6ThePCElitistPosted 11/20/2013 7:49:34 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...

It's part of a laptop.

Laptop already had its board replaced once, so technically I got two bad ones already.

There's a trick to do Nvidia updates. I had a similar issue and this guy had a workout that actually worked for me. My old laptop refused to update beyond a certain Nvidia driver as well.

Let me find that.
---
I hate windows 8!
#7FlakconPosted 11/20/2013 7:50:19 AM
SinisterSlay posted...

Laptopvideo2go.com

Just overwrite the .inf file and you are good to go. If you don't understand what I just said, just read around.
---
PSN: theSkarekro [Hailing from Singapore!]
AE2012: Adon Sagat Yang | Tekken: Kazuya Law Jin
#8SinisterSlayPosted 11/20/2013 7:51:21 AM
Rexdragon125 posted...
That's unfortunate. I still have a 2009 Asus gaming laptop with a Geforce GTX260M still happily using the latest drivers.

Yeah I've lost faith in Asus entirely.
g74sx keeps wrecking boards and monitor connections.
asus monitor shipped with broken speakers (but no dead pixels, that's good I guess) but also broken power connection.
Asus Nexus 7.... you can google how bad those were done.
I got an Asus motherboard in my desktop, can't even dual channel without crashing.

So far I have 100% failure rate with Asus, they are on my s*** list now.
---
#9SinisterSlayPosted 11/20/2013 7:52:53 AM(edited)
Flakcon posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Laptopvideo2go.com

Just overwrite the .inf file and you are good to go. If you don't understand what I just said, just read around.

I can update, it just starts hanging and crashing with any version after 314.22. Will this fix that? (its a 560m)
---
#10FlakconPosted 11/20/2013 7:56:09 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Flakcon posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Laptopvideo2go.com

I can update, it just starts hanging and crashing with any version after 314.22. Will this fix that? (its a 560m)

Hmm. I think you need to do a clean install of the drivers. Just uninstall the NVidia drivers, go to the folder and delete the nvidia folder then restart your laptop. It should look like crap now but go download and install the latest driver and see if it works.

Do it at your own risk though but it should be safe.
---
PSN: theSkarekro [Hailing from Singapore!]
AE2012: Adon Sagat Yang | Tekken: Kazuya Law Jin