This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft: "Optimization on PC isn't worth caring about, just buy a bigger GPU".

#31notonlyagamerPosted 11/21/2013 6:17:44 AM
I'm really disappointed when reading news and/or topics like this.

Optimization doesn't means that I can play newer games with inefficient GPU like Intel HD Graphics on High Settings but at least that software house may put some efforts during the conversion from console.
---
Desktop: Intel Core i7 3770K RAM 8GB ATI Radeon Sapphire 7970 Dual X Windows 7
Laptop: Intel Core i7 3630 QM RAM 16 GB GeForce 750M Windows 8 64 Bit
#32zxelmanPosted 11/21/2013 6:55:22 AM
kingoffps posted...
Nowhere does it say "optimization on PC isn't worth caring about". In fact it's not even implied.

TC is a liar.

This.

People suck at making honest topic titles.
#33triple sPosted 11/21/2013 6:59:05 AM
snesmaster40 posted...
It sounds like he's sort of refering to GTA IV which got better as better GPU's came out.

GTAIV's problems were more CPU related. It took a 3770k @ 4.6ghz to finally max that damn thing and have a framerate average of 60fps.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#34MonkeymagePosted 11/21/2013 7:01:36 AM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
It's incredibly stupid of Ubisoft. AC3 ran at 20fps for me post-intro and I'm infuriated to see they didn't even try to improve it this time round.

Sounds like you don't meet the minimum requirements in the first place.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#35MonkeymagePosted 11/21/2013 7:04:31 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
"Game drops to sub-30fps in several areas when the video settings are mimicking console quality, even on $2000 gaming rigs? That's because we didn't bother to optimize - in a year, better GPUs will be out, buy two of those, and it'll brute-force through and solve the problem!"

I think really the only example of an extremely poor Ubi port in recent memory would be Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Most of their other games give you a wealth of options and generally look quite a bit better than their console counterparts, especially the Assassin's Creed games.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#36MangorushXIIIPosted 11/21/2013 7:39:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#37MonkeymagePosted 11/21/2013 7:57:56 AM
MangorushXIII posted...
Sucks to be you PC gamers, lol..

Have fun with the George Seurat edition of Assassin's Creed IV, lol
---
#38godplaysSNESPosted 11/21/2013 8:02:58 AM
Monkeymage posted...
noimnoturdaddy posted...
"Game drops to sub-30fps in several areas when the video settings are mimicking console quality, even on $2000 gaming rigs? That's because we didn't bother to optimize - in a year, better GPUs will be out, buy two of those, and it'll brute-force through and solve the problem!"

I think really the only example of an extremely poor Ubi port in recent memory would be Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Most of their other games give you a wealth of options and generally look quite a bit better than their console counterparts, especially the Assassin's Creed games.

Even AC3 and Black Flag have bad multicore support, they barely benefit at all by going from dual cores to quad cores.

GPU improvements are slowing down, and CPU improvements even more so. It'll take longer and longer until raw horsepower can overcome flaws in software.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#39dekouPosted 11/21/2013 8:03:02 AM
Monkeymage posted...
noimnoturdaddy posted...

AC3 is pretty bad optimization wise and has a terrible UI that was clearly made for consoles.
#40lemonfedPosted 11/21/2013 9:12:23 AM
I've seen many games where there was no way to disable certain visual effects that have big impact on the performance without even look nice in the first place ...
---
lemonfed / my lord , it seem that ganon and his minions have seize the island of gamefaqs .