This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people actually like these games?

#21shdwdrgnixPosted 11/21/2013 1:00:02 AM
DerPancake posted...
shdwdrgnix posted...

theres a bullet hell section thats all about reflexes

Anyway thats freaking level 320, I just checked the game out and the first levels are nothing like that.

this kind of difficulty starts around level 250, its still a requirement to beat the game, which I'm pretty sure no one has even done yet
#22JavelinPosted 11/21/2013 1:01:20 AM
shdwdrgnix posted...
Javelin posted...
HydroCannabinol posted...
I don't get it, that game looks sweet haha.. I may buy it too because I love platform puzzlers with high difficulty.

I love high difficulty. That game doesn't have high difficulty; it has fake difficulty.

and this doesn't count as fake difficulty?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MQjRxUcT0U
I've never seen anyone complain about this one and its 10$
I guess spending 52 hours off trial and error on one stage is considered fair gameplay

I've never played Cloudberry Kingdom, let alone claimed it wasn't fake difficulty (I wouldn't know either way) so nice job pulling out a strawman there, Aristotle.

Fake difficulty is when you strip the player of the ability to make meaningful decisions. Because at that point he may as well not be playing at all.

Oh, there's a pit; the player wants to jump over it. Haha, there was an invisible block in his way that he had no way of knowing was there, so he's falling into the pit anyway.

Is that simple enough of an example for you, or do I need to dumb it down more?
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#23claytonbuckleyPosted 11/21/2013 1:07:03 AM
Deja Vu....

DerP topic

0/10
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#24shdwdrgnixPosted 11/21/2013 1:09:24 AM
and fake difficulty is fun for a lot of people, and if you weren't playing you won't even get past the first screen
#25Chaos_MissilePosted 11/21/2013 1:25:26 AM
DerPancake posted...
shdwdrgnix posted...
Javelin posted...
I don't get it, that game looks sweet haha.. I may buy it too because I love platform puzzlers with high difficulty.

I love high difficulty. That game doesn't have high difficulty; it has fake difficulty.

I guess spending 52 hours off trial and error on one stage is considered fair gameplay

See the difference is that you have dodge stuff in that game and its all about reflexes, in this game the game just hides stuff from you and expects to die and just memorize what killed you. There is nothing difficult about the game once you memorize the maps, its just lazy design because the dev sucks at designing levels.

And You Want to Be the Guy?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#26IBKNAWTUPosted 11/21/2013 1:54:33 AM(edited)
I think that looks hilarious, and I may buy a few copies for christmas gifts.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#27doctoglethorpePosted 11/21/2013 3:03:23 AM
Reminds me of that show wipeout or whatever in the way its rigged for failure. Kind of funny to watch, at least until the novelty wears off, but would never actually play.
#28MarceloSampaioPosted 11/21/2013 4:58:18 AM
Here's my reason to like this game:

-Its funny. Really, I actually LOLed a lot;

-Its varied, specially with the boss fights (they range from turn-based RPG battles to vertical shoot-em-um);

-Trial-and-error gameplay may not be for everyone, but people that DO like, will love this game;

-The antagonist is called FARTA!! :p

-Its cheap. ;)
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#29Marioface5Posted 11/21/2013 5:39:16 AM
shdwdrgnix posted...
Javelin posted...

Cloudberry Kingdom isn't trail-and-error, and if you get to level 320 you should be well-prepared for a level like the one in the video. As you go further into the game the levels it generates get harder and more hectic so that you can always have something new that will challenge you, but there's nothing "fake" about the difficulty. And the game doesn't even force you to play the insanely hard levels, since from the very start you have access to Free Play mode where you can tweak your character and the level generator to make the game as easy or as hard as you want it to be. Even outside of Free Play, the farthest I've been asked to go to unlock anything has been level 75, though I know that there's at least one secret thing that requires level 100, but again that's nothing like what's in the video. On top of that, you have the option to spend coins you collect in the levels during a run to see the AI play the level, create a visible path through the level that you can follow, and/or play the level in slow motion.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#30JudgmenlPosted 11/21/2013 6:35:55 AM
This game looks awesome tbh.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://i.imgur.com/0Awd55E.png - Opinions =/= Truth.