This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need help picking a pre built gaming pc

#1keenanchildsPosted 11/21/2013 6:40:40 AM
hi all.

firstly im sorry for posting something like this as i guess its really annoying getting posts like this but im a total noob when it comes to anything pc related and i want to switch from console gaming to pc gaming.

i have a budget of about 700 (GBP) and want to get the best i can for my money

im hoping to be able to play all the current games on max settings but also be able to play all the upcoming titles in the next few years on at least medium to high (as im buying this instead of a ps4/xbox one)

thanks in advance for any advice
---
GT- Reavers Edge 87
#2SlaynPosted 11/21/2013 8:08:06 AM
Pre-built
Cheap
Gaming

I suggest the Xbox.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#3_Zero1_Posted 11/21/2013 8:10:48 AM
What he meant to say is that you are much better off ordering parts (ask around here for help getting the right parts) and building your own pc.There are tons of how-to guides on how to physically assemble the PC
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W8| 700GB HDD
#4ShubPosted 11/21/2013 8:11:59 AM(edited)
Doesn't scan.co.uk put together your computer for you for a small fee and all you have to do is pick the parts? I would do that if you really don't want to just buy the parts and put them together yourself.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#5SlaynPosted 11/21/2013 8:13:16 AM
Shub posted...
Doesn't scan.co.uk put together your computer for you for a small fee and all you have to do is pick the parts? I would do that if you really don't want to just buy the parts and put them together yourself.

He wants to max current games and play future games medium to high.

On 700

Please make this happen. I dare you.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#6KabtheMentatPosted 11/21/2013 8:13:51 AM
You can get a pretty good PC for 700GBPs if you build it yourself.

Not so much if you buy a premade one.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#7ShubPosted 11/21/2013 8:15:05 AM
Slayn posted...
Shub posted...

He wants to max current games and play future games medium to high.

On 700

Please make this happen. I dare you.

Irrelevant, just make the best of it on 700, that's not a bad budget. Instead of being that way, just tell him 700 will not max everything currently out, but it will certainly last a few years.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#8keenanchilds(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 8:27:47 AM
i did look into building one myself and im aware i will get more for my money doing it that way but like i said i really dont have a clue when it comes to this sort of thing so instead of risking messing something up doing it myself i would rather take the safer option.

if that site does build them for you could anyone link me a build for around the 700 mark (obviously dont mind if its a little under/over) including the price of them building it? or if anyone simply knows of a good deal anywhere could you link me that?

thanks for all the replies so far and i really appreciate the assistance
---
GT- Reavers Edge 87
#9keenanchilds(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 8:30:11 AM
would also be great if you can tell me the things i can and wont be able to do on that specific computer.
---
GT- Reavers Edge 87
#10keenanchilds(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 8:40:55 AM
http://www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk/custom-built-computers.html?dir=desc&order=price&price=620-710

this site has a massive selection in my price range as it looks like each machine has slightly different specs.
---
GT- Reavers Edge 87