This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Isn't the best feeling in the world, when a game really immerses you?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Isn't the best feeling in the world, when a game really immerses you?
2 years ago#1
I have a question. When you play games, it takes so time before you realize that its a great experience or not. But when a great game really catches you and you lose yourself in its story, gameplay and world, isn't that one of the best experience you can have? I would say that maybe its even better than sex and last longer also. How do you feel when you play a great game? That is when it really takes its hold of you!

Also, what was the last game that did that to you?
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
2 years ago#2
AC: Black Flag. Totally surprised at how well this game came out. One of the most immersive experiences I've ever had with a gamer. It has beautiful visuals, smooth gameplay and killer sound design. It has an amazing atmosphere.
Stand up for consumer rights! Vote with your dollar! Boycott Xbox One!!!
2 years ago#3
Deus ex human revolution and skyrim (both launched few months away from each other so I played them at the same time)

Downloading ACIV at home right now, I hear its great
2 years ago#4
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
2 years ago#5
Immersion is: Playing Half-Life and not realizing the house is burning down, your wife left you, and you haven't eaten for a week.
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
2 years ago#6
Sex is better, it has infinite replayability.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
2 years ago#7
I don't think it's anywhere near that good.

It's nice and all, but games are just games. No way that they can match great IRL experiences.
2 years ago#8
I have not had that happen to me in a while. It is like I am no longer open to it. In the 90's it only took a few sprites a vague story about saving the world and some tunes to get me into it. Now , multi-million dollar productions leave me kind of unaffected.

I know it might sound wrong, but the only games that managed to do a little which I played in the last year are Mass Effect 3 and GTA V.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
2 years ago#9
That's why I love DayZ. It's a buggy mess, controls awkwardly, but it's by far the most immersive and heat-pounding game I've ever played.
2 years ago#10
It is fine until you realize you are a total loser after playing a game for 92 hours straight!
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Isn't the best feeling in the world, when a game really immerses you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived