This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Isn't the best feeling in the world, when a game really immerses you?

#1HerrxPosted 11/21/2013 7:55:00 AM
I have a question. When you play games, it takes so time before you realize that its a great experience or not. But when a great game really catches you and you lose yourself in its story, gameplay and world, isn't that one of the best experience you can have? I would say that maybe its even better than sex and last longer also. How do you feel when you play a great game? That is when it really takes its hold of you!

Also, what was the last game that did that to you?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2protools1983Posted 11/21/2013 7:57:29 AM
AC: Black Flag. Totally surprised at how well this game came out. One of the most immersive experiences I've ever had with a gamer. It has beautiful visuals, smooth gameplay and killer sound design. It has an amazing atmosphere.
---
Stand up for consumer rights! Vote with your dollar! Boycott Xbox One!!!
#3El_ZaggyPosted 11/21/2013 7:58:40 AM(edited)
Deus ex human revolution and skyrim (both launched few months away from each other so I played them at the same time)

Downloading ACIV at home right now, I hear its great
#4KabtheMentatPosted 11/21/2013 7:58:29 AM
Hummers.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5wizardmonPosted 11/21/2013 7:59:42 AM
Immersion is: Playing Half-Life and not realizing the house is burning down, your wife left you, and you haven't eaten for a week.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#6SinisterSlayPosted 11/21/2013 8:00:07 AM
Sex is better, it has infinite replayability.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7stmstrPosted 11/21/2013 8:00:35 AM
I don't think it's anywhere near that good.

It's nice and all, but games are just games. No way that they can match great IRL experiences.
#8_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/21/2013 8:03:31 AM(edited)
I have not had that happen to me in a while. It is like I am no longer open to it. In the 90's it only took a few sprites a vague story about saving the world and some tunes to get me into it. Now , multi-million dollar productions leave me kind of unaffected.

I know it might sound wrong, but the only games that managed to do a little which I played in the last year are Mass Effect 3 and GTA V.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#9mrCubePosted 11/21/2013 8:06:02 AM
That's why I love DayZ. It's a buggy mess, controls awkwardly, but it's by far the most immersive and heat-pounding game I've ever played.
---
---
#10lost_withinPosted 11/21/2013 8:11:05 AM
It is fine until you realize you are a total loser after playing a game for 92 hours straight!
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison