This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rage is on sale for $5. Is it worth getting?

#11doctoglethorpePosted 11/22/2013 3:22:05 AM
Allmattered posted...
It's alot, alot like Borderlands, minus the multiplayer co-op. So simply put, if you liked Borderlands and Fallout with the sort of wasteland setting, then you might enjoy this game.
Only problem I had with it was how scarce ammo tended to be. I had to resort to headshotting everyone or bashing with the fists just to conserve ammo

Misleading. Its only like those games aesthetically in its mad maxish setting. Gameplay itself is more like CoD.
#12claytonbuckleyPosted 11/22/2013 3:24:45 AM
Just don't get your hopes up for any sort of an ending.

Seriously, it's ending makes Mass Effect 3's ending look like a masterpiece.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#13Tommy2GoGoPosted 11/22/2013 3:48:43 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
Just don't get your hopes up for any sort of an ending.

Seriously, it's ending makes Mass Effect 3's ending look like a masterpiece.

^ That.

Gameplay? It was okay. Hated that the same weak pathetic monster was the most common monster you saw throughout the game.

I did enjoy the HUGE monsters.

Racing missions were actually pretty fun.

Ending? No..just no.
#14IpsylosPosted 11/22/2013 4:09:10 AM
It's the exact definition of a 5/10 game. It's just flat to be honest, nothing really goes on in the game. All you do is run and gun, story is weak, weapons are generic, lots of the same enemies who act like pullet sponges.

I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it personally, just don't expect anything awe-aspiring or good. And it's nothing like Fallout or Borderlands.
---
I don't care honestly. I already pay to get the free games each month.
- unltimategamerf
#15FRo3tBLo0dPosted 11/22/2013 4:34:38 AM
Scroe posted...
It's on a free weekend so why not just start playing it and pay the $5 to continue if you like it
#16sfcalimariPosted 11/22/2013 5:23:56 AM
It's basically a cheap knockoff of Fallout 3 and Borderlands, without the charisma or atmosphere or sense of humor of either. Everything about it is incredibly dated feeling, Id Software never really left the 90's.
---
http://i75.servimg.com/u/f75/17/26/59/67/ku-xla10.jpg
"Permit me to rule over the goats as well as the sheep." --Zygmunt Augustus