This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

just played LoL for the first time

#21KillerTrufflePosted 11/23/2013 2:06:53 PM
Benjamin_Button posted...
dota 2: i like how it looks like torchlight 2. no need to unlock characters awesome but how the hell do i choose whats right for me im not about to play 100's of gmes to find out which toon i like. i dont liek the mule thing. i got left behind in a match and never caught up. i dont know how to feel yet i like the vibe more than lol tho

it looks like im goina quit mobas altogether just tried heroes of Order &chaos again on the ipad air and i did great on the first game then sucked the next 2 i quit it was suck.

i will quit mobas until fates forever gets released on ios c u then lolers

DOTA 2 has a library that lets you look at all the heroes, filter them based on ranged or melee, different styles (carry, AOE, pusher, etc.), and more. Figure out how you like to play, figure out what filters apply toward that style, then filter the library to see options for your style.

My personal favorites include:

Drow Ranger - ranged, starts out relatively weak, but can start pinning down heroes early on with her freezing attack, getting some early kills on heroes. Once you get enough mana regen, you just toggle the ice on and leave it. Also, her two passive abilities help a ton - increasing damage for all ranged heroes, and letting her attack crazy fast.

Bloodseeker - passive skill lets him heal with each attack, and his L6 skill is easily death to heroes - they have to choose between standing still and you wailing on them, or running away and rapidly bleeding health out.

Riki - Permanent invisibility plus backstab bonus. Let enemy heroes run right past you while you're invisible, then jump on them and hack them to death as they run. Using a weapon that adds maim or slow means they won't be getting away, especially with the fast recharge on his blink strike.

Viper - easy ranged hero - passive damage against anyone who attacks you, and nearly all his attacks cause poison over time too. Once he's up a few levels, he can be pretty hard to escape from.

Death Prophet - it's all about her ghosts. They do crazy damage to enemies and buildings in a pretty huge range, and heal her to boot. Weak initially, but once you build up to get those ghosts, she's powerful.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#22chris121691Posted 11/23/2013 3:07:44 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
dota 2: i like how it looks like torchlight 2. no need to unlock characters awesome but how the hell do i choose whats right for me im not about to play 100's of gmes to find out which toon i like. i dont liek the mule thing. i got left behind in a match and never caught up. i dont know how to feel yet i like the vibe more than lol tho

it looks like im goina quit mobas altogether just tried heroes of Order &chaos again on the ipad air and i did great on the first game then sucked the next 2 i quit it was suck.

DOTA 2 has a library that lets you look at all the heroes, filter them based on ranged or melee, different styles (carry, AOE, pusher, etc.), and more. Figure out how you like to play, figure out what filters apply toward that style, then filter the library to see options for your style.

Drow Ranger - ranged, starts out relatively weak, but can start pinning down heroes early on with her freezing attack, getting some early kills on heroes. Once you get enough mana regen, you just toggle the ice on and leave it. Also, her two passive abilities help a ton - increasing damage for all ranged heroes, and letting her attack crazy fast.

Bloodseeker - passive skill lets him heal with each attack, and his L6 skill is easily death to heroes - they have to choose between standing still and you wailing on them, or running away and rapidly bleeding health out.

Riki - Permanent invisibility plus backstab bonus. Let enemy heroes run right past you while you're invisible, then jump on them and hack them to death as they run. Using a weapon that adds maim or slow means they won't be getting away, especially with the fast recharge on his blink strike.

Viper - easy ranged hero - passive damage against anyone who attacks you, and nearly all his attacks cause poison over time too. Once he's up a few levels, he can be pretty hard to escape from.

Death Prophet - it's all about her ghosts. They do crazy damage to enemies and buildings in a pretty huge range, and heal her to boot. Weak initially, but once you build up to get those ghosts, she's powerful.

But those are like some of the most boring heroes lol.
#23water1111Posted 11/23/2013 3:14:48 PM
chris121691 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

and they're noob heroes to boot.
---
You are born Free but taxed to death
#24Tyranius2Posted 11/23/2013 3:24:40 PM
KillerTruffle posted...

Be aware that the first 3 heroes only excel in low MMR. Drow does no damage once an enemy hero is near, bloodseeker is heavily countered by a 135 gold item [TP scroll] and Riki does nothing if the enemy team is competent.

In low MMR viper is basically insta-win.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#25KillerTrufflePosted 11/23/2013 3:32:13 PM
chris121691 posted...

water1111 posted...

You realize that "boring" and "noob" in this case translates to "relatively easy to learn," right? Which is typically what you WANT for someone just learning the game. People I've introduced to DOTA 2 have almost inevitably done well using those heroes. Once they get a feel for the game mechanics, they can start trying the harder, more interesting heroes.
---
#26water1111Posted 11/23/2013 3:37:00 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
chris121691 posted...

water1111 posted...

You realize that "boring" and "noob" in this case translates to "relatively easy to learn," right? Which is typically what you WANT for someone just learning the game. People I've introduced to DOTA 2 have almost inevitably done well using those heroes. Once they get a feel for the game mechanics, they can start trying the harder, more interesting heroes.

really? you're supposed pick those, when I started playing Dota2 I picked invoker lol.
---
#27KillerTrufflePosted 11/23/2013 3:48:02 PM
water1111 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
chris121691 posted...

water1111 posted...

really? you're supposed pick those, when I started playing Dota2 I picked invoker lol.

I'm not saying you're "supposed" to, but they're better for learning. Invoker was actually the very first one I chose when I started too - he looked most interesting with more skills than any of the others. I still find him interesting and complex, but not necessarily the best to learn with for a lot of people.
---
#28water1111Posted 11/23/2013 3:52:01 PM
^^Its a shame that invoker is pretty much useless, I played with him over 20 hours and thats the most worthless hero ever.
---
#29KillerTrufflePosted 11/23/2013 4:45:14 PM
He doesn't really stand out all that much, but even now he's still fun to play with - just from a "fun" perspective. Since you can adjust his stats on the fly too based on what orbs are selected, not just his abilities.

Lately tho, I just go with whatever random picks for me.
---