This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LOTR: BFME: Rise of the Witch King...Dark lord's eye rigged or just impossible?

#1rangerman42Posted 11/22/2013 12:07:07 PM
I only ask this as I have attempted this mission literally 20 times now and every time, the damned AI seems to know where all my troops are and slaughters them in seconds. And as for getting the shards, kinda hard when the enemy already seems to know where they are and have them surrounded. I managed at best to get 3 and those I got lucky on. So I know this might sound weak or something, but is there some way to cheat to get around this? I mean I am sick and tired of playing this ****** level just to loose every time, no matter what strategy I use. And I have used fast attack, actually chasing them, but each time, they seem to have a never ending wave of troops and I am on EASY...for EASY...it sure aint easy, just ****** a pain in the ***. For example...last game...I had 3 shards...I sent out my troops to get the last one (maxed out on pop cap at this time) and get really close and all of a sudden I get hit by fully upgraded Tower guards...no big deal you'd think, fight them and suddenly 2 archer units arrive, summon some orcs to deal with them, they get dealt with and now fully upgraded horsemen show up, so at this time I am fighting on two sides...so I keep fighting trying to get to the shard and low and behold...magically, and I kid you not, I actually counted this not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 10, that's 10 more units show up on all sides to attack me and this happened in less then 15 seconds...now I am no game whiz but I know there is no damn way a unit can move that fast, save horsemen, but these were archers and horsemen and now the enemy completely annihilated my units and gathered the remaining shards. Now, at this point I was livid...is there any way to beat this AI, that quite literally seems to defy the logic and programming of the game with unlimited troops and resources?
#2my_name_is_EdPosted 11/22/2013 12:09:05 PM
Holy **** my eyes
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#3KillerTrufflePosted 11/22/2013 12:14:34 PM
Wow. That is a bloody horrible wall of text. Grammar school WAS important. Using proper punctuation, paragraph structure, etc. is important in helping people understand you. You can't expect anyone to try and wade through what you just typed. Can you maybe clean it up some into actual paragraphs?
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4rangerman42(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 5:48:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5MaKhaosPosted 11/22/2013 5:55:46 PM
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#6NingishzidaPosted 11/22/2013 6:07:05 PM
rangerman42 posted...
I only ask this as I have attempted this mission literally 20 times now and every time, the damned AI seems to know where all my troops are and slaughters them in seconds. And as for getting the shards, kinda hard when the enemy already seems to know where they are and have them surrounded. I managed at best to get 3 and those I got lucky on. So I know this might sound weak or something, but is there some way to cheat to get around this? I mean I am sick and tired of playing this ****** level just to loose every time, no matter what strategy I use. And I have used fast attack, actually chasing them, but each time, they seem to have a never ending wave of troops and I am on EASY...for EASY...it sure aint easy, just ****** a pain in the ***. For example...last game...I had 3 shards...I sent out my troops to get the last one (maxed out on pop cap at this time) and get really close and all of a sudden I get hit by fully upgraded Tower guards...no big deal you'd think, fight them and suddenly 2 archer units arrive, summon some orcs to deal with them, they get dealt with and now fully upgraded horsemen show up, so at this time I am fighting on two sides...so I keep fighting trying to get to the shard and low and behold...magically, and I kid you not, I actually counted this not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 10, that's 10 more units show up on all sides to attack me and this happened in less then 15 seconds...now I am no game whiz but I know there is no damn way a unit can move that fast, save horsemen, but these were archers and horsemen and now the enemy completely annihilated my units and gathered the remaining shards. Now, at this point I was livid...is there any way to beat this AI, that quite literally seems to defy the logic and programming of the game with unlimited troops and resources?

China want their wall back.
#7rangerman42(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 6:28:37 PM
I only ask this as I have attempted this mission literally 20 times now and every time, the blasted AI seems to know where all my troops are and slaughters them in seconds.
And as for getting the shards, kinda hard when the enemy already seems to know where they are and have them surrounded. I managed at best to get 3 and those I got lucky on, save 1.
So I know this might sound weak or something, but is there some way to cheat to get around this? I mean I am sick and tired of playing this ****** level just to loose every time, no matter what strategy I use.
And I have used fast attack, actually chasing them, but each time, they seem to have a never ending wave of troops and I am on EASY...for EASY...it sure aint easy, just ****** a pain in the ***.
For example...last game...I had 3 shards...I sent out my troops to get the last one (maxed out on pop cap at this time) and get really close and all of a sudden I get hit by fully upgraded Tower guards...no big deal you'd think, fight them and suddenly 2 archer units arrive, I just summoned some orcs to deal with them, they get dealt with and now fully upgraded horsemen show up, so at this time I am fighting on two sides...so I keep fighting trying to get to the shard and low and behold...magically, and I kid you not, I actually counted this not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 10, that's 10 more units show up on all sides to attack me and this happened in less then 15 seconds...now I am no game whiz but I know there is no damn way a unit can move that fast, save horsemen, but these were archers and horsemen and now the enemy completely annihilated my units and gathered the remaining shards. Now, at this point I was livid...is there any way to beat this AI, that quite literally seems to defy the logic and programming of the game with unlimited troops and resources?

And I apologize to the moderators who allow others to troll posts, but never anyone else to respond back to them...my apologies...I will be more mindful of insults in the future and not say anything especially as the post was written in a hurry as I was almost late for work...
#8KingDFizzlePosted 11/22/2013 6:34:28 PM
rangerman42 posted...
I only ask this as I have attempted this mission literally 20 times now and every time, the blasted AI seems to know where all my troops are and slaughters them in seconds.
And as for getting the shards, kinda hard when the enemy already seems to know where they are and have them surrounded. I managed at best to get 3 and those I got lucky on, save 1.
So I know this might sound weak or something, but is there some way to cheat to get around this? I mean I am sick and tired of playing this ****** level just to loose every time, no matter what strategy I use.
And I have used fast attack, actually chasing them, but each time, they seem to have a never ending wave of troops and I am on EASY...for EASY...it sure aint easy, just ****** a pain in the ***.
For example...last game...I had 3 shards...I sent out my troops to get the last one (maxed out on pop cap at this time) and get really close and all of a sudden I get hit by fully upgraded Tower guards...no big deal you'd think, fight them and suddenly 2 archer units arrive, I just summoned some orcs to deal with them, they get dealt with and now fully upgraded horsemen show up, so at this time I am fighting on two sides...so I keep fighting trying to get to the shard and low and behold...magically, and I kid you not, I actually counted this not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 10, that's 10 more units show up on all sides to attack me and this happened in less then 15 seconds...now I am no game whiz but I know there is no damn way a unit can move that fast, save horsemen, but these were archers and horsemen and now the enemy completely annihilated my units and gathered the remaining shards. Now, at this point I was livid...is there any way to beat this AI, that quite literally seems to defy the logic and programming of the game with unlimited troops and resources?

And I apologize to the moderators who allow others to troll posts, but never anyone else to respond back to them...my apologies...I will be more mindful of insults in the future and not say anything especially as the post was written in a hurry as I was almost late for work...

Ah, much better.
#9dimitris0066Posted 11/22/2013 6:38:20 PM
I actually remember that one,sure it was annoying but not impossible and certainly not wall-of-text worthy.I couldn't for the life of me finish a GBA LOTR game though.
#10NicodimusPosted 11/22/2013 6:55:59 PM
KingDFizzle posted...
rangerman42 posted...

Ah, much better.

Warning: dangerous amounts of sarcasm have been detected in this post.
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64