This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need feedback on this build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need feedback on this build

User Info: ADHDguitar

ADHDguitar
3 years ago#1
First time building a PC. Gonna try to get as many parts as I can for cheap(er) on and around Black Friday.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/25PJt

The i7 and 16 gigs of RAM is for Sony Vegas and the 850 watt PSU is for a second 780 in the future.
dongers

User Info: Flakcon

Flakcon
3 years ago#2
Solid build. Don't know what you can change to make it better. Perhaps the motherboard? But imo it's enough.
PSN: theSkarekro [Hailing from Singapore!]
AE2012: Adon Sagat Yang | Tekken: Kazuya Law Jin

ADHDguitar
3 years ago#3
Cool, glad to hear it. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.
dongers

User Info: VIP86

VIP86
3 years ago#4
Get a SSD.
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750

ADHDguitar
3 years ago#5
VIP86 posted...
Get a SSD.

That would be for the OS right?

Would that be something I could buy later and install fairly easily? I barely have the cash for the current part list.
dongers

User Info: Flakcon

Flakcon
3 years ago#6
ADHDguitar posted...
VIP86 posted...
Get a SSD.

That would be for the OS right?

Would that be something I could buy later and install fairly easily? I barely have the cash for the current part list.

Yeah. It's foolproof.
PSN: theSkarekro [Hailing from Singapore!]
AE2012: Adon Sagat Yang | Tekken: Kazuya Law Jin

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 years ago#7
You need an SSD for something like Sony Vegas plus making your general use much better.
You also need a CPU cooler, don't go with the stock cooler.

I recommend a Phanteks PH-TC14PE, as it cools better than the Noctua NH-D14 and is ever so slightly louder (1-2 dB). But it doesn't look hideous like the Noctua.

Avoid closed loop coolers. The H110 doesn't beat the Phanteks but by maybe 3 degrees, but it's a LOT louder.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9

ADHDguitar
3 years ago#8
PraetorXyn posted...
You need an SSD for something like Sony Vegas plus making your general use much better.
You also need a CPU cooler, don't go with the stock cooler.

I recommend a Phanteks PH-TC14PE, as it cools better than the Noctua NH-D14 and is ever so slightly louder (1-2 dB). But it doesn't look hideous like the Noctua.

Avoid closed loop coolers. The H110 doesn't beat the Phanteks but by maybe 3 degrees, but it's a LOT louder.

Okay, a few people said I wouldn't need a cooler unless I overclocked but I'll look into getting one sooner than that.

And for the SSD would I just install programs that I used a lot on it? (Like Vegas, Photoshop and the OS)
dongers

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
3 years ago#9
ADHDguitar posted...

And for the SSD would I just install programs that I used a lot on it? (Like Vegas, Photoshop and the OS)

Yes, that's the most common way people use SSDs since they don't have a lot of space.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

User Info: Kevin_OS

Kevin_OS
3 years ago#10
I wouldn't bother with the SSD unless you had plenty of money to throw around.
3570k / HD 7870 / GA-Z77X-D3H / 500R / 1TB HDD / 8GB DDR3 / TX 650
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need feedback on this build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived