This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gameing case HELP!

#11Rama_X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 11:51:42 AM
kill2this posted...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352022

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139014

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-25333553-CM692-Advanced/dp/B00B8XMDBW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1385208433&sr=8-3&keywords=cm690+ii+advanced

Thanks kill! I will check them out.

Flakcon posted...
What is your budget for a case?

Under 200:
Fractal Design R4
Corsair 500r
Corsair 540 AIR
NZXT Phantom 410
Antec 1100
Coolermaster HAF 932

I just picked the R4 to replace my old casing. Cant wait to build it!

Thanks for the info Flakcon!
---
Iam POPWW
#12KabtheMentatPosted 11/23/2013 11:54:09 AM
So long as the case fits your motherboard and GPU, you're fine. Doesn't really matter what you get if you're not looking for some higher end options like water cooling.

You can spend like $50 and get a pretty decent case that'll have good air flow, good amount of fan spaces, and room for more hard drives. May not have USB 3.0 on the front panel, but whatever.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#13FlakconPosted 11/23/2013 1:30:19 PM
kill2this posted...

He said above that it was $100, What was your old case? I've been contemplating switching my cm690ii to an R4 for quite a while. How do you like it?

I came from a really crappy NZXT M59. Don't know what I was thinking when I bought that :/

Firstly, the build. The moment I took it out of the box I was wowed. It's damn solid. The side panels are heavy. That means quality in my book. It was super flimsy on my M59

The cable management is user-friendly and spacious. I could not even do any for my M59 (It's super user-unfriendly) My build went from 43degree C to 32degree C just from changing the case and I'm running lowest fanspeed vs the 100% on on the M59.

The fan controller means I can switch btw quiet mode or airflow mode. The noise level dropped drastically due to that and the way the casing is built. And you can detach the HDD bracket if you don't use it for increased airflow.

Definitely a great buy for me.
---
PSN: theSkarekro [Hailing from Singapore!]
AE2012: Adon Sagat Yang | Tekken: Kazuya Law Jin
#14Rama_X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 1:43:04 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
So long as the case fits your motherboard and GPU, you're fine. Doesn't really matter what you get if you're not looking for some higher end options like water cooling.

You can spend like $50 and get a pretty decent case that'll have good air flow, good amount of fan spaces, and room for more hard drives. May not have USB 3.0 on the front panel, but whatever.

Great, air flow is one of the things i want, and since i have very good quality parts i think i wont need the water cooling. Also i dont like the idea of using SLI so more space for my single GPU.
---
Iam POPWW
#15kill2thisPosted 11/24/2013 9:25:03 AM
Flakcon posted...
kill2this posted...

He said above that it was $100, What was your old case? I've been contemplating switching my cm690ii to an R4 for quite a while. How do you like it?

I came from a really crappy NZXT M59. Don't know what I was thinking when I bought that :/

Firstly, the build. The moment I took it out of the box I was wowed. It's damn solid. The side panels are heavy. That means quality in my book. It was super flimsy on my M59

The cable management is user-friendly and spacious. I could not even do any for my M59 (It's super user-unfriendly) My build went from 43degree C to 32degree C just from changing the case and I'm running lowest fanspeed vs the 100% on on the M59.

The fan controller means I can switch btw quiet mode or airflow mode. The noise level dropped drastically due to that and the way the casing is built. And you can detach the HDD bracket if you don't use it for increased airflow.

Definitely a great buy for me.

You've got me more tempted, thanks for your thoughts on it.
#16urtvPosted 11/24/2013 10:01:26 AM
"gaming cases" are only need if you really want those leds