This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think a "Console" really is?

#91Love_Me_SexyPosted 11/23/2013 7:59:58 AM
Ha_D00D posted...
ITT: Leagues of people that don't understand the difference between a video game console (computer) and a personal computer. A personal computer is a personal computer. Unless you are using a phone, you are probably posting this crap from a personal computer. Look at your setup and try to tell me how it equates to a video game console. The X1/PS4 cannot be considered underpowered PCs because, *GASP* THEY AREN'T PERSONAL COMPUTERS.

Have you not realized yet that no one is listening to you? Yes, we understand. No, we dont care about the misunderstanding.

You can stop posting the same thing over and over again now.
---
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB
#92Love_Me_SexyPosted 11/23/2013 9:31:40 AM
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4774/cg2d.png
---
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB
#93Ha_D00DPosted 11/23/2013 10:31:22 AM
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Ha_D00D posted...
ITT: Leagues of people that don't understand the difference between a video game console (computer) and a personal computer. A personal computer is a personal computer. Unless you are using a phone, you are probably posting this crap from a personal computer. Look at your setup and try to tell me how it equates to a video game console. The X1/PS4 cannot be considered underpowered PCs because, *GASP* THEY AREN'T PERSONAL COMPUTERS.

Have you not realized yet that no one is listening to you? Yes, we understand. No, we dont care about the misunderstanding.

This thread is full of X1/PS4 arguments, and even up to the last page of posts, morons are still referring to consoles as PCs. Maybe you and a few other people in this thread understand. As shocking as it is on PCH, seems like most actually don't. So whine more over something totally menial.
---
HAF 922 | i5 3570k@4.3ghz | Hyper 212 Evo | P8Z77-V LK | Sapphire 7970 DualX@1150/1600 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | SeaSonic 620w | Mushkin120GB |AND I PLAY CONSOLES
#94Chaos_MissilePosted 11/23/2013 11:28:06 AM
A console is a gaming machine, no more than that. Even if it comes with any ability to do...other stuffs, it's primary focus should first and foremost ALWAYS be gaming.

Why is why the stupid ideas of putting random apps like internet browsers, FB and YouTube apps and more stupidly, TRYING TO FREAKING REPLACE YOUR TV, are stupid ideas.

If I wanted a multimedia device, I would just built my own PC.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#95GoIrish80(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 11:36:15 AM
If a console is a "game machine," then why has a huge amount of the marketing being done for the new systems have nothing to do with games?
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#96AlexKidd5000Posted 11/23/2013 11:49:16 AM
Consoles are machines that are owned by a single company, and are locked down, and placed in a tightly secured walled garden, and are also restricted in what they can do, and if a company does not want you to do something on it, then they'll change something that prevents you from doing so. Consoles are just very limited, non-upgradable gaming systems. Consoles just all around don't have the freedom, and openness that PC's do.
#97Chaos_MissilePosted 11/23/2013 11:50:33 AM
GoIrish80 posted...
If a console is a "game machine," then why has a huge amount of the marketing being done for the new systems have nothing to do with games?

Like I said: they're STUPID and unnecesary ideas imo.

If a console cant even excel at itsbest field, games, while phone games are beating it, what makes it think it can replace a PC? Hence, the web browsers, YouTube apps, FB integration are pointless on it.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#98claytonbuckleyPosted 11/23/2013 3:28:37 PM
DerPancake posted...
claytonbuckley posted...
DerPancake posted...
claytonbuckley posted...
I'll reiterate my post

Can i install Photoshop on a PS4 or XBone?

Until i can, they are not PCs

Thats because Photoshop is only for Windows and MaCOS.

you can't see it, but i'm moving my hand over my head and making a wooooshing sound.

If it makes you feel better DerP, replace photoshop with whatever program installs on Windows MACOS and Linux and whatever other OS you require.

There is a photo editing program on the Wii, I guess the Wii isn't a console. Also the Wii can be connected to a printer and print documents, it can save documents, it has its own program like Microsoft Word, its games have mods like PC.
I'm arguing with DerP. I might as well be arguing with TimePharaoh or GwynSon. I feel dirty.

Also, wooosh.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#99DerPancakePosted 11/23/2013 3:33:01 PM(edited)
claytonbuckley posted...
I'm arguing with DerP. I might as well be arguing with TimePharaoh or GwynSon. I feel dirty.

Also, wooosh.

Well you have been bringing up dumb points and I'm countering them. So now that you have nothing else to say, I wish you could admit you were wrong.

Its hilarious how when people have nothing else to say, they rely on insults.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#100Love_Me_SexyPosted 11/24/2013 1:24:54 AM
Ha_D00D posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Ha_D00D posted...

This thread is full of X1/PS4 arguments, and even up to the last page of posts, morons are still referring to consoles as PCs. Maybe you and a few other people in this thread understand. As shocking as it is on PCH, seems like most actually don't. So whine more over something totally menial.

LAWL

Follow your own advice.
---
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB