This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, I didn't know there was a SimCity expansion out already!

#1EternalNetherPosted 11/22/2013 8:37:32 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/simcity-cities-of-tomorrow

How could this have been out for 2 weeks and me not know anything about it? So I looked into it. Apparently the sales are in the toilet, there's no advertising, no hype, no chatter, basically nothing at all. And apparently their latest 'stuff pack' didn't sell either.

It looks like EA found a way to kill a great franchise. Makes me wonder what they'll do to Titanfall before it's even found its footing, and it makes me terrifyingly afraid for what they'll do to Star Wars Battlefront 3. Someone hold me :(
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035 Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
Steam ID/PSN ID: Solirus
#2StingyrayPosted 11/22/2013 8:39:27 PM
*holds you and starts singing I Will Remember You*
---
Gaming. Mac. Pick one, not both. -HappyKhicken
#3CatToyPosted 11/22/2013 8:40:11 PM
It pretty much just exacerbates one of the biggest problems the game has, not enough room.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#4dirtyblacksocksPosted 11/22/2013 8:43:15 PM
I miss the old school Sim City where you had what is equal to an entire area to build on, instead of these itty bitty squares that end up making you choose between commercial or industrial and see your entire city go to ish at the turning point of needing proper commerce and tourism - but somehow nobody knows how to run the power plant you need to run it all.
#5__starsnostarsPosted 11/22/2013 8:44:49 PM
I still play SC4 every once-in-a-while. Can't stand this rebooted turd of a game.
#6kelemvorPosted 11/22/2013 9:43:40 PM
I read a review.

It looks like they finally brought back "Arcologies" that were in SC2000. Except now they are called....MegaTowers? How clever. I also heard they aren't nearly as fun as Arcologies because they take up a huge percentage of your total land among other things.

I'm still not buying this game. Maybe when it's in the bargain bin.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#7happyscrub1Posted 11/22/2013 10:05:50 PM
EternalNether posted...
Apparently the sales are in the toilet, there's no advertising, no hype, no chatter, basically nothing at all

Because it's an online only game and anyone who actually plays the game get bombarded with the ADs for it everytime they log in. It's also been on origin forever and a day (which is another requirement for the game).

So anyone who needed to see this coming, been saw it.
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#8QUIKPosted 11/22/2013 10:23:47 PM
Simcity sucks for only 1 reason, not enough room to build bigger cities