This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC people who bought next-gen consoles

#1ThePCElitistPosted 11/23/2013 5:20:31 AM
What are your opinions on them so far? Are you happy that they're at least not sub-720p and. < 30 fps now?

I'm quite happy with the PS4 at the moment even though some of the games don't look nearly as good as what my PC could do. However, it's nice to play games with a few of my plebeian friends once in a while since they're not into PC gaming.
---
I hate windows 8!
#2thefabregas22Posted 11/23/2013 5:50:06 AM
I'm really enjoying the wii u right now. Pretty sure 3d world will blow me away though tbh wonderful 101 already did that
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#3snesmaster40Posted 11/23/2013 5:55:09 AM
Is the game release data right for the PS4? Looks like it has no games for ages.
---
Are we not men?
#4__starsnostarsPosted 11/23/2013 5:56:44 AM
It's not worth right now. Need to wait for some good exclusives.
#5Orestes417Posted 11/23/2013 6:00:34 AM
__starsnostars posted...

Indeed. Also give it time to let other suckers/beta testers figure out what the actual failure rates are. Thank god the XBox360 didn't seem to teach the buying public any lessons.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#6snesmaster40Posted 11/23/2013 6:11:01 AM
Orestes417 posted...
__starsnostars posted...

Indeed. Also give it time to let other suckers/beta testers figure out what the actual failure rates are. Thank god the XBox360 didn't seem to teach the buying public any lessons.

That's a very good point. Those original PS3 phat models all died by now due to the poor design or the way it was put together. Even my PS3 slim wasn't safe as it's power supply died and I had to replace it with a better version that was compatible (apparently Sony changed the one my PS3 slim was using in later models).
---
Are we not men?
#7tiger8191Posted 11/23/2013 6:15:06 AM
I got a PS4. Enjoying it. Don't give a crap about what looks better on what, as long as the game is fun to play. And so far the games I'm playing have been fun.
---
www.youtube.com/user/FearsomeBeaver
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#8Bossdog421Posted 11/23/2013 6:35:37 AM
Only have a WiiU currently. A few good games on it, 3D world is pretty good so far.

Buddy got a PS4, I wasn't impressed with Killzone. It's all he had and it looked boring.

My brother got a Xbone, he lives in a different state so i couldn't try it. I was impressed with the Kinect camera when we skyped though. It would auto follow him around.

I like the features of the xbox more at this point, but i'll wait for about a year to decide if i'm even going to bother with another console this generation. I am a sucker for Hot Shots Golf though... when that gets released I'll probably bite.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#9Knighted DragonPosted 11/23/2013 6:50:48 AM
I know Xeeh bought a PS4 and his died the day he got it, beyond that I haven't seen many others from this board on the PS4 board. The only "nextgen" console I've got is a 3DS which I've been very impressed by, PS4 and Xbone look pretty meh to me, and they have no exculusives at all, I've yet to figure out why everyone rushed out to get one the day it came out so that they sit it on a shelf and wait for a decent game to come out
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#10ThePCElitist(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 6:55:52 AM
Knighted Dragon posted...
I know Xeeh bought a PS4 and his died the day he got it, beyond that I haven't seen many others from this board on the PS4 board. The only "nextgen" console I've got is a 3DS which I've been very impressed by, PS4 and Xbone look pretty meh to me, and they have no exculusives at all, I've yet to figure out why everyone rushed out to get one the day it came out so that they sit it on a shelf and wait for a decent game to come out

Was his an Amazon purchase? Those apparently are being blamed on poor handling between the warehouses and shipping phases.
---
I hate windows 8!