This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC people who bought next-gen consoles

#11Benjamin_ButtonPosted 11/23/2013 8:41:32 AM
ITT wii u is next gen
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#12fbplayer1064Posted 11/23/2013 8:53:56 AM
snesmaster40 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
__starsnostars posted...
It's not worth right now. Need to wait for some good exclusives.

Indeed. Also give it time to let other suckers/beta testers figure out what the actual failure rates are. Thank god the XBox360 didn't seem to teach the buying public any lessons.

That's a very good point. Those original PS3 phat models all died by now due to the poor design or the way it was put together. Even my PS3 slim wasn't safe as it's power supply died and I had to replace it with a better version that was compatible (apparently Sony changed the one my PS3 slim was using in later models).

I just want to say I have a fat ps3 and its running like a champ, but I didn't buy it at launch. I got it about 6 months later.
#13Bossdog421Posted 11/23/2013 9:03:56 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
ITT wii u is next gen

We are in 8th gen, the WiiU is there whether you want it to be or not.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#14hakmiyaPosted 11/23/2013 9:04:59 AM
I snatched up the PS4 and a game for my little cousin and got a chance to try it out for the past few days and its really impressive performance wise. Killzone is boring as fly sex but the graphics look amazing. It looks like it would be Pc game on ultra settings. I don't have online but the graphics on BF4 looks almost as good as it does on the Desktop.
I'm very impressed at how well the console performs at such a low price point.

I might get my own playstation later on if enough people on my xbox live friends list switches over. I always wanted to try little big planet anyways.
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum
#15Sergei_DukanovPosted 11/23/2013 9:05:11 AM
Looking at buying one or two of three things for Christmas. A R9 290, a PTR 91, and a Xbox one. Unfortunately, the xbox one is the same price as a R9 290x so I am placing it a the bottom. And the local gun store dropped their price on the PTR 91 so it WAY towards the top of the list.
---
FX8350 oc'ed 4.6ghz ASRock 990fx Extreme9 16 gigs ddr3 HIS 7870 :( antec 750W NZXT Phantom Full Tower http://imgur.com/DKxtZXP http://imgur.com/I9vdXTk
#16LoshadtPosted 11/23/2013 9:06:42 AM
hakmiya posted...
It looks like it would be Pc game on ultra settings.

HA
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#17hakmiyaPosted 11/23/2013 9:11:04 AM
Loshadt posted...
hakmiya posted...
It looks like it would be Pc game on ultra settings.

HA

lol at the fanboy who feels threaten by a console.
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum
#18Orestes417Posted 11/23/2013 9:39:37 AM(edited)
My Fat PS3 is running fine too. I know tons of people on their second, third, even fourth XBox360 though. And go for the PTR91, got an HK 91 in the gun safe and it's one of my favourite semi autos. I'd go as far as to say I prefer it over the FALs I've handled and it's almost above my Garand... almost.

---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#19LoshadtPosted 11/23/2013 9:31:48 AM
hakmiya posted...

Why on earth would I feel threatened by a video game platform? I'm laughing because it clearly does NOT look like a PC game on ultra.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#20hakmiyaPosted 11/23/2013 9:45:31 AM
Loshadt posted...
hakmiya posted...

Why on earth would I feel threatened by a video game platform? I'm laughing because it clearly does NOT look like a PC game on ultra.

I guess its true. it is impossible to give consoles credit when its due on this particular without having to deal with unnecessary back lash from random social rejects that populate the "master race".
If you put it side by side to games like hitman, or arkham city it does.
Go ahead and make snarky comments and cling to your silly opinion if you want to but that doesn't change the fact that killzone pushes with some amazing visuals and for a temporarily moment the gap between high end PCs and consoles has been narrowed.
---