This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC people who bought next-gen consoles

#41QuestofChosenPosted 11/23/2013 12:43:23 PM
I bought a PS4 from Amazon for $400. I used it for 2 days. Sold it on eBay for $500. I wasn't really interested in any of the launch titles and it was an impulse buy. Still made $40 and had a chance to try out the new next gen technology. The GDDD5 was amazeballs, haha.

I'm loving my WiiU though. Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, ZombiU and Super Mario 3D World all have offered a fun and unique experience.
#42wizardmonPosted 11/23/2013 12:45:48 PM
hakmiya please go get banned somewhere else.

ThePCElitist posted...
What are your opinions on them so far? Are you happy that they're at least not sub-720p and. < 30 fps now?

I have a PS4 and while the game I play (Killzone) is not sub-720 it's noticeably struggling to maintain it's framerate. There are several portions in the game that drop to the 15 to 20 FPS mark making aiming hard to do at times, then suddenly you can walk around a corner and it will rocket up to 40 to 50 FPS. That wildly fluctuating framerate is really frustrating, it's definitely making my experience of the game worse than I'd like.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#43hakmiyaPosted 11/23/2013 1:09:28 PM
^
Banned for what?

Stop trolling and mind your own business.
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum
#44DerPancakePosted 11/23/2013 1:13:28 PM(edited)
The only reason I see to buy a console right is to play FIFA 14.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#45wizardmonPosted 11/23/2013 1:22:01 PM
hakmiya posted...
^Banned for what?

I don't know, just don't do it here is all I'm asking.
---
#46hakmiyaPosted 11/23/2013 1:23:21 PM
wizardmon posted...
hakmiya posted...
^Banned for what?

Right, you are just posting for the sake of it. Mind your own business.
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum
#47ATARIJAWAPosted 11/23/2013 1:58:47 PM
hakmiya posted...
wizardmon posted...
hakmiya posted...
^Banned for what?

I can't reply to all your many posts I just want to point out something about the ps4's gpu. It's not equal to a 7850. It's a 7970m laptop card that has been underclocked and had cores disabled. The ps4 has 8 GB of ram that is shared but the graphics card by design can't use more than 2 GB of it ( which in all honesty, will probably be enough).

I don't care about ps4 vs xbox one vs pc all that much I just wanted to point out that fact is all.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#48blankempathyPosted 11/23/2013 2:06:02 PM
Went over to a friends house and played his ps4. Mostly killzone, resogun and contrast. Contrast looks like it could be done on the ps3 but thats not really the systems fault. Resogun played smoothly. Killzone looked good but its just another shooter really. Watched some xbox one streams. Madden looked like ass. Forza looks ok but its got some jaggies and well the cardboard cut out audience doesn't help. Dead rising looked like it had screen tearing frame drop issues which sucks because thats the one game I want. Overall I can easily wait for better games.
---
I like video games.
#49wizardmonPosted 11/23/2013 2:11:57 PM(edited)
hakmiya posted...
Mind your own business.

But it is my business as a poster on this board/topic your posting on?

If you wanted a private not-everyone's business chat then there are private messages you can use.
---
#50hakmiyaPosted 11/23/2013 2:16:16 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
hakmiya posted...
wizardmon posted...
hakmiya posted...
^Banned for what?

I can't reply to all your many posts I just want to point out something about the ps4's gpu. It's not equal to a 7850. It's a 7970m laptop card that has been underclocked and had cores disabled. The ps4 has 8 GB of ram that is shared but the graphics card by design can't use more than 2 GB of it ( which in all honesty, will probably be enough).

I don't care about ps4 vs xbox one vs pc all that much I just wanted to point out that fact is all.

Yes everyone knows the consoles run things at lower speeds to maintain their low power consumption and no one said it was "equal" to the 7850. I just gave a rough estimate based off the performance.
Some people say its close to the 7870, some say its between that and the 7850 and some say its on par with a mobile card. There really is no solid answer because console hardware is not the same. You cant even get what the PS4 has off shelves.
---