This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC people who bought next-gen consoles

#51DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/23/2013 3:42:06 PM(edited)
hakmiya posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...

I can't reply to all your many posts I just want to point out something about the ps4's gpu. It's not equal to a 7850. It's a 7970m laptop card that has been underclocked and had cores disabled. The ps4 has 8 GB of ram that is shared but the graphics card by design can't use more than 2 GB of it ( which in all honesty, will probably be enough).

I don't care about ps4 vs xbox one vs pc all that much I just wanted to point out that fact is all.

Yes everyone knows the consoles run things at lower speeds to maintain their low power consumption and no one said it was "equal" to the 7850. I just gave a rough estimate based off the performance.
Some people say its close to the 7870, some say its between that and the 7850 and some say its on par with a mobile card. There really is no solid answer because console hardware is not the same. You cant even get what the PS4 has off shelves.

Uh... Actually, it is the same.
It's based on the same core as 7870 and 7970m(which are the same GPU, physically), with two CUs disabled(making the number of functioning CUs right between 7870 and 7850), and underclocked, putting it's floating point performance on par with a 900mhz 7850(exactly, do the math), and everything else behind a stock 7850.

ATARIJAWA posted...
hakmiya posted...

Right, you are just posting for the sake of it. Mind your own business.

I can't reply to all your many posts I just want to point out something about the ps4's gpu. It's not equal to a 7850. It's a 7970m laptop card that has been underclocked and had cores disabled. The ps4 has 8 GB of ram that is shared but the graphics card by design can't use more than 2 GB of it ( which in all honesty, will probably be enough).

I don't care about ps4 vs xbox one vs pc all that much I just wanted to point out that fact is all.

There are 4GB 7850s around. If the GPU has a limit to it's addressable memory inherent in the architecture it's based on, it will be at least 4GB.
Not that it really matters, since RAM does not make a processor go fast.
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#52SKStylezPosted 11/23/2013 4:35:19 PM
I have a Wii U. I bought it for X, Smash bros and all the exclusives Metroid Zelda etc.

Right now the console is okaaay, Monster Hunter was a pretty disappointing port. But it'll be worth the wait in 2014. 3DS on the other hand... what a delight
#53XtremeWRATH360Posted 11/23/2013 10:08:34 PM
I plan on getting a Wii U as i want to play the new Mario games as for the XB1 and PS4 i don't want either of them. The XB1 is too focused on non gaming and the very idea that i have to pay for a Kinect whether i want one or not is stupid and the both systems have a pretty crappy selection of games but thats expected on launch.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#54Benjamin_ButtonPosted 11/24/2013 3:01:08 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
Benjamin_Button posted...
ITT wii u is next gen

In reality Wii U is next gen.

ya and im presdent of usamerica
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#55petran78Posted 11/24/2013 4:27:10 AM
do the new consoles need a PC or any external platform (tablet, mobile etc) with Internet access in order to activate your account?

because the PS3 did.....
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#56SienrurouniPosted 11/24/2013 5:14:42 AM
snesmaster40 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
__starsnostars posted...
It's not worth right now. Need to wait for some good exclusives.

Indeed. Also give it time to let other suckers/beta testers figure out what the actual failure rates are. Thank god the XBox360 didn't seem to teach the buying public any lessons.

That's a very good point. Those original PS3 phat models all died by now due to the poor design or the way it was put together. Even my PS3 slim wasn't safe as it's power supply died and I had to replace it with a better version that was compatible (apparently Sony changed the one my PS3 slim was using in later models).

My launch date ps3 still works fine. I've never had an issue with it.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#57jakestar0306Posted 11/24/2013 7:46:28 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
ITT wii u is next gen

In reality Wii U is next gen.

ya and im presdent of usamerica

Welcome, new president. Here's to hoping you're better than our last one. *holds up wine glass in celebration*
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
I do not support homosexuality in any way.
#58hakmiyaPosted 11/24/2013 10:35:35 AM
petran78 posted...
do the new consoles need a PC or any external platform (tablet, mobile etc) with Internet access in order to activate your account?

because the PS3 did.....

I do not think so. you fill in all of your information on then home/start screen. The way you activate the plus account sort of works the same way it does on xbox 360 as far as I know.

Oh and to the last person that replied to me you are on ignored so to who ever it is

wizardmon stop pestering
DarkZV2Beta- You spend way too much time on this website arguing and "proving people wrong" over small nitpicky issues and its disturbing, find a hobby that does not involve sitting at your desk 10+ hours a day pouncing on internet strangers with red herrings and circle talk.
DrunkBeardGuy No one wants your flame bait.
Floymin- Theres just nothing to said to you. I don't even remember why i ignored you.
Astro_B0mb- Skyrim is still trash and homophobic insults are not edgy. I don't read my inbox.
Flaktrooper123- Stop trolling and Don't be a fanboy. There is nothing wrong with admitting that some platforms do somethings right everyonce in a while and the only "peasants" are those who limit themselves to a single platform and then begs or complains about not getting ports or support.

mmkay
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum
#59DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/24/2013 10:40:26 AM
hakmiya posted...

DarkZV2Beta- You spend way too much time on this website arguing and "proving people wrong" over small nitpicky issues and its disturbing, find a hobby that does not involve sitting at your desk 10+ hours a day pouncing on internet strangers with red herrings and circle talk.

How ironic.
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#60Snuckie7Posted 11/24/2013 12:01:13 PM
hakmiya posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
hakmiya posted...
Loshadt posted...
hakmiya posted...
P.S I primary play PC. Only use my xbox for GTA 5 so you can take that overused "Console peasant cuz you said something pozotive bout dem" BS and eat it.

I thought you were a console peasant because you possess all of the qualities of one.

- Getting butthurt when someone says something negative about a console? Check.
- Being largely ignorant of hardware? (close to a 700 series card my ass) Check.
- Insulting people because they disagree with you? Check.
- Anti-PC signature? Check.

And my proof that there is a high failure rate are the numerous 1-star Amazon reviews due to hardware failure. To be fair I will concede on the muliplayer resolution on Killzone, I mixed it up with a twitter post about BF4 running at 720p.

Careful now. You can kill ban cells wit that level of stupidity.

Don't use terms you don't know the meaning to. No one was butthurt, you just cant read well.
The graphics card in the PS4 performs 1.8 teraflops. Its in the ball park of being a radeon 7850.
its not a anti PC signature. I use the quote because it was funny. PCs are not a religion or a political party. They are machines in peoples homes, that's it. Thank you for further proving my point about how disturbing the users on this side of gamefaqs behave and think.

And ignored

ITP: 700 = 7000

Go back to the PS4 boards snookie.

Go back to the fields peasant.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W