This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC people who bought next-gen consoles

#81ClouddxPosted 11/28/2013 1:02:36 AM(edited)
hakmiya posted...
Clouddx posted...
hakmiya posted...
^
Are you trolling?
Do those users seem like close friends to you? This is the internet. Even if they were joking (which they obviously were not) common sense would tell you not to do that over the internet with a stranger.

Also I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the PS4s hardware and I'm more then sure that they speculated just like everyone else and pretended like it was %100 fact despite the numerous "credible" sources giving different information.

Now we're getting off topic, lets stick to Darks post.

The hardware specs are well known now that the PS4 is out. And many reputable websites have complete tech specs including the specs of the GPU itself. The only part of his post that might not be true is "If the GPU has a limit to it's addressable memory inherent in the architecture it's based on, it will be at least 4GB." and even then the IF in front makes it clear that it's speculation.

What the hell are you talking about and are you their bunk buddy or girlfriend? Get off it, I have them on ignored and could care less about what they have to say.

What I was saying was that you cannot directly compare console specs to parts to a specific piece of hardware found in PC. You can compare the performance of the GPUs but you cannot just say "Oh its the direct equivalent to (insert card name) and nothing else".
Like I said earlier. There isn't really a right or wrong answer because GPUs can be tweaked to behave differently.

Just stop posting. After reading your previous post I can tel that you are very naive and short sited.
Enough with the side stepping, just step away from your PC.

the PS4 has a performance figure of 1.76GFLOPS (once again, single precision) not a million miles away from the Radeon 7970M Laptops. The speed of the GPU is reduced even further, from the 850MHZ of the Xbox GPU to 800MHZ. Fortunately, we still keep the 32 ROPS of the mobile and desktop versions of the AMD 7970, BUT we lose another 2GCN cores (bringing the total down to 18 for the PS4 – the Xbox 720 is rumoured to have fewer still, only 12). GONE is the dedciated RAM for the GPU. The PS4 uses 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, which is unified (tied in to the CPU and GPU). This RAM runs at 176GB/s while the 7970M has 2GB of GDDR5 that’s giving 153GB/S of bandwidth. Remember though – the GPU and CPU of the Playstation 4 share this RAM, meaning despite the max bandwidth being higher, the amount that the GPU will have ‘available’ will likely be considerably lower than this.

Idk if I can make it any clearer, and what was short sighted or niave about my post? The fact that I didn't want to engage you on something irrelevant to this topic.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#82hakmiyaPosted 11/28/2013 12:59:02 AM
So roughly to a 6950 which is not too far from 7850.
I'm not disputing that its not comparable to a mobile card. What i am saying is its not just one specific card. Copying and pasting breakdowns sheets from a website doesn't change this.

Also I called you naive because you seem to fall under the delusion that people give "helpful" information without an underline motive and you interpret flame baiting as a game. Its not irrelevant seeing that its one of the points you addressed as soon as you responded to me.
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum
#83Snuckie7Posted 11/28/2013 1:10:20 AM
hakmiya posted...
So roughly to a 6950 which is not too far from 7850.
I'm not disputing that its not comparable to a mobile card. What i am saying is its not just one specific card. Copying and pasting breakdowns sheets from a website doesn't change this.

Also I called you naive because you seem to fall under the delusion that people give "helpful" information without an underline motive and you interpret flame baiting as a game. Its not irrelevant seeing that its one of the points you addressed as soon as you responded to me.

We know it's single precision compute performance, the number of cores it has, the memory bandwidth, and the likely clockspeeds. It's really not that hard to extrapolate the performance.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W