This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the PC exclusives to look forward to?

#1GamerManiac187Posted 11/23/2013 7:18:30 AM
Maybe the disappointing launches of the PS4 and One would make this decision a bit hasty, but I think I may roll with a PC for most of the next generation. The three games that I'm really interested in at all for next gen are The Evil Within, Metal Gear Solid V, and Final Fantasy XV, where the first two are cross-gen games, and the last two are being considered for PC releases.

PC for me used to be essentially the Blizzard/Valve box for me, but Blizzard has just gotten worse, and Valve haven't really put out anything for a while.

I've learned with my first build six years ago, that building without having games in mind was quite a poor decision. I didn't really play anything that was pushing my hardware for a while, and after a few years my stuff was no longer "mid-high end". I could have gone with something cheaper to play the Valve stuff, and a few years after I could have then just gotten another cheap card, and I would have ended up with better performance than what I had with my build.

So basically the question is, what games on the horizon will really warrant a new build? I'm basically squeezing out the last ounces of life from my current build (threw in a cheap GPU upgrade last year), and I think I will run it for even more years if there aren't really any new games that necessitate a new rig.
---
http://backloggery.com/kurano
#2wizardmonPosted 11/23/2013 7:24:36 AM
Dwarf Fortress.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#3DrelkagPosted 11/23/2013 7:27:59 AM
The only games I'm looking forward to on any platform are Star Citizen, The Sims 4 and FFXV. If XV doesn't come to PC I'm really thinking about picking up a PS4, but that's a lot of $$$ for one game.
---
Play hard or go home
#4LoshadtPosted 11/23/2013 7:56:39 AM
For me it's Project Eternity, Wasteland 2, and Witcher 3.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#5AsucaHayashiPosted 11/23/2013 8:01:28 AM
not many exclusives that will tax your system.

biggest games are stuff like witcher 3, watch dogs etc. are all multiplatform and they're not exactly good reasons to go with a console either.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#6Hi CPosted 11/23/2013 8:04:53 AM
Shroud of the Avatar
Project Eternity
Wasteland 2
---
You'll be my John G.
#7TheWayOfTheGunPosted 11/23/2013 8:21:36 AM
PC exclusives. lol
---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg
#8DelsepiPosted 11/23/2013 9:21:34 AM
are there any exclusives that look really good that you are actually anticipating to be really good? I know, at least for me, when I go on steam some of the games that look cool get low ratings, and some of the games I think look crappy get awesome ratings.

Also, do you think games like Metal Gear Solid 5 and Kingdom Hearts 3 will get PC ports?
#9KabtheMentatPosted 11/23/2013 9:24:42 AM
Delsepi posted...
are there any exclusives that look really good that you are actually anticipating to be really good? I know, at least for me, when I go on steam some of the games that look cool get low ratings, and some of the games I think look crappy get awesome ratings.

Also, do you think games like Metal Gear Solid 5 and Kingdom Hearts 3 will get PC ports?

MGS5, maybe...game is being developed on the PC. Kingdom Hearts...hell no.

Also, while these aren't PC exclusive games they are my most wanted by far: Titanfall and The Division.

Especially The Division...HOLY **** I'm excitebike for that.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#10RPGMattPosted 11/23/2013 9:28:56 AM
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe