This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next gen console failure rate is very high

#41JJH777Posted 11/23/2013 3:38:41 PM
How would sony even know the failure rate? They would also never be honest about it anyways. After the failure rate of the launch 360 I would be really surprised if these weren't at least close to being accurate.
---
9/2/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link
#42DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/23/2013 3:39:01 PM
lol console peasants trying to defend 1 in 5 consoles being broken.
Seriously, this is just sad.
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#43EliteGuard99Posted 11/23/2013 3:42:19 PM(edited)
Basement dwelling neckbeard reassurance topic.
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty - gunsndroses
Halo 5: even more CoD Edition coming to Xbone!
#44MangorushXIIIPosted 11/23/2013 3:45:38 PM
EliteGuard99 posted...
#45ExoticCharmPosted 11/23/2013 3:51:03 PM
Yet another reassurance topic by the PC masterbaters...
#46SteamsterPosted 11/23/2013 3:52:10 PM
JJH777 posted...
How would sony even know the failure rate? They would also never be honest about it anyways. After the failure rate of the launch 360 I would be really surprised if these weren't at least close to being accurate.

Because they test them.

People thinking that 25% failure rate is actually a legitimate statistic are delusional. RRoD was by far the worst case of console hardware and that was due to rushing the console out to release right before PS3. Except what happened is that Sony delayed by about one year so MS kind of shot themselves in the foot. There is no way that we should expect similar failure rates just because of one particularly extreme case...
#47steveboblarryPosted 11/23/2013 3:52:55 PM
MangorushXIII posted...
EliteGuard99 posted...

HI MANGORUSH!!!!!
---
Official TimePharaoh Fanboy #1
Put this in your sig if you are a TimePharaoh fanboy
#48Combo MasterPosted 11/23/2013 4:11:00 PM
ExoticCharm posted...
Yet another reassurance topic by the PC masterbaters...

If I really thought it was worth it and was worried about console failing I would just get a 3 year extended warranty. OO wait it won't have any games I would want it seems for quite a bit and a 3 year extended warranty put it way over what the system should cost compared to a pc..So masterbaters to my pc it is???
---
Combo Master
#49DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/23/2013 4:19:42 PM
Steamster posted...
JJH777 posted...

Because they test them.

People thinking that 25% failure rate is actually a legitimate statistic are delusional. RRoD was by far the worst case of console hardware and that was due to rushing the console out to release right before PS3. Except what happened is that Sony delayed by about one year so MS kind of shot themselves in the foot. There is no way that we should expect similar failure rates just because of one particularly extreme case...

The highest DOA rate goes to PS2, actually, weighing in at 25% yields for the first shipment. 50% didn't shop, and 50% of what did was DOA.
PS3 was actually the exception to the rule with Sony.

Also, if Sony tested their units before shipping them out, there wouldn't be as many problems with shipped units. Many of the issues are manufacturing defects. Sony's numbers are entirely PR bull****. Even if they knew the exact failure rate, they wouldn't release the numbers until they can claim a definitive fix as that would hurt sales.
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#50JJH777Posted 11/23/2013 4:25:45 PM
Steamster posted...
JJH777 posted...

Because they test them.

They don't test every PS3 they send out... They test less than 1% of them. The 360's failure rate was like 50% for the first year or so. A 25% failure rate would actually be a big improvement.
---
9/2/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link