This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you force yourself to finish games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you force yourself to finish games?
2 years ago#11
Ningishzida posted...
Current gen games are so awfully bad I have to force myself to START them.

Except the Witcher right Ningi ^_^
Official TimePharaoh Fanboy #1
Put this in your sig if you are a TimePharaoh fanboy
2 years ago#12
I have to if I want to play anything these days, but that actually means I don't. I got Arkham City installed but I can't bother to play it.

The situation for me happens at all because there is nothing new to play, and I end up playing something like that I got for cheap and I tried to get through it, but can't. I find it hard to get through anything anymore. My type of games, from smart FPS to adventure-action games the likes of Zelda & Metroid, to any semi-open game thats filled instead of huge and shallow, they just don't exist anymore.
2 years ago#13
I always play games I own until I feel I've completed and understood them. I revisit old games if I feel that I missed something significant. At the moment the only exceptions to this are Diablo 3 (HC would take too much time and dedication) and Witcher 2.

I don't think I have 100% achievements done in any game though as they are often very uninteresting and completing them doesn't seem important in understanding the games.
2 years ago#14
I always go for 100%, hardest difficulty for every game I play, but it does take me longer to beat because the hardest difficulty is usually the worst way to learn how to play.
2 years ago#15
I used to . When I had more time on my hands, I would just finish them even if I did not love the game. Now that I do not have the time to play every game, I am forced to be more selective. It is a waste playing a game I do not really enjoy, and as a result not having the time to play the games that I really would.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
2 years ago#16
Too many good games out there to waste your precious time with ones that don't interest you. I spent my whole videogame realated childhood this way. Now that I am older I pick and choose carefully despite the reviews and critical acclaim. Yet I still find my old habits die hard. I forced hours of gameplay in Mass Effect 2 only to realize it was just a corridor duck and cover shooter, which is a shame, because I enjoyed the first so much more.
GameFAQs fanboy for 12 years.
2 years ago#17
...on open world sandbox games, I often lose interest in actually finishing the game but enjoy continue playing the game. Save the world? Bah. I'd rather hunt for pretty items to decorate my house.
Copyright free literature available at otherwise known as Tex-Mex
2 years ago#18
I play what I want, when I want, for how long I want, and if I don't want it anymore, I go do something else.

I may play a game halfway through and then stop.... then maybe 2 years later I'll be like "I wonder where I left off?" and as long as I still have my saves (or if steam cloud has a save) then I can jump right back in...not that I'm trying to completely finish the game or anything as much as just playing what I feel like.

As an example: I haven't finished Hard Reset yet but I started playing it again... I started over though because I forgot almost everything about it. I may not finish it... I may drop it again. I May start it over again.... I'm not worrying about it either way. If I'm ready to play it, I'll play it.
2 years ago#19
never 100% if it requires a lot of extra stuff to do in a game but most of the time the game will have enough quality in it for me to go through it t finish. I am guilty of using game trainers to just run through games with no skill involved just to beat games as fast as possible though.
Combo Master
2 years ago#20
Mostly I only manage to finish a few games, but I do play lots that are open ended simulation games like The Sims, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and pinball games.

Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you force yourself to finish games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived