This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Connection issues after installing graphics card.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Connection issues after installing graphics card.

User Info: Chaosoldier1986

Chaosoldier1986
3 years ago#1
Awhile ago I had purchased a Nvidia Geforce 760 Gtx, and after installing it into my computer the wireless adapter doesn't connect/register my router or it has a weak signal "1-2 bars vs 4-5 bars before installing". I've been trying to fix it for the last month and I'm getting desperate. My computer is a Hp Pavilion M# p6724y that I bought in the spring of 2011.
Rated M for Minors?

Chaosoldier1986
3 years ago#2
Anyone?
Rated M for Minors?

User Info: gsf4lyfe

gsf4lyfe
3 years ago#3
You probably damaged it/messed up the seating when you installed the gpu. Try removing it, and reseating it.
Currently playing: The Witcher 2
SteamID: gsf4lyfe

Chaosoldier1986
3 years ago#4
gsf4lyfe posted...
You probably damaged it/messed up the seating when you installed the gpu. Try removing it, and reseating it.

Well I did pull the cord off the adapter by mistake, but I had reattached it until I heard it snap into place. I'm pretty sure I installed the Gpu right because I heard it snap into place. Should I go back and see if anything is loose?
Rated M for Minors?

User Info: _Zero1_

_Zero1_
3 years ago#5
Yes. He did say that already too. Try the simple things first
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W7| 1.7TB HDD/256GB SSD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Connection issues after installing graphics card.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived