This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bethesda, how come they're games run like crap?

#31SmudgieMuffinsPosted 11/23/2013 9:04:50 PM
Nolax posted...
Specs are bad?

i7 quad core Processor 3.7GHz
16gb Ram
NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB GDDR5

Not exactly a computer genius but i think this is good enough.

Interesting, I actually have the same graphics card, processor(lower clock speed), and amount of RAM as you and I can max Skyrim at 60 FPS. In fact, I turned down the AA to 4x and the view distances to a little lower and was able to add 2k textures, flora overhaul mod, SweetFX, texture overhauls for everything 2k textures didnt cover, SMIM(which makes the meshes more complex) and I have some less than stable gameplay mods and have have almost never experienced any noticeable drops and have yet to have one crash.

Not trying to be snarky, but could it perhaps be a problem on your end? Have any mods or anything?
#32THEB0SS666Posted 11/23/2013 9:14:10 PM
SlashmanSG posted...
THEB0SS666 posted...
Rage was the only one that ran bad for me. 1fps on an ati 5770 it would freeze and load textures as if I had no video memory then it got fixed

Rage isn't a Bethesda game, that's an id game.

Oh yeah it was published by bethesda. As for tc's problem his pc should run those games perfectly fine mine does.
---
dell xps 7100 gtx 660sc 8gb ram amd phenom x6 1045t 3.2ghz 1.5tbhdd
Moderators are filthy disgusting creatures.
#33BowsaaPosted 11/23/2013 9:22:22 PM
SmudgieMuffins posted...
Nolax posted...
Specs are bad?

i7 quad core Processor 3.7GHz
16gb Ram
NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB GDDR5

Not exactly a computer genius but i think this is good enough.

Interesting, I actually have the same graphics card, processor(lower clock speed), and amount of RAM as you and I can max Skyrim at 60 FPS. In fact, I turned down the AA to 4x and the view distances to a little lower and was able to add 2k textures, flora overhaul mod, SweetFX, texture overhauls for everything 2k textures didnt cover, SMIM(which makes the meshes more complex) and I have some less than stable gameplay mods and have have almost never experienced any noticeable drops and have yet to have one crash.

I find that interesting myself. I myself ended up going for a pretty comprehensive mod list for texture/mesh overhauls, then added an ENB that's just used to boost saturation and can keep it fully maxed@1080P pretty much without framerate issues.

For some reasons it started stuttering kind of badly at one spot in one of the dungeons, no idea why. Everywhere else it's been fine.

i3-3220 3.3 GHz, 2 GB 7850@1050/1250, 8 gigs of ram.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#34AllmatteredPosted 11/23/2013 9:26:18 PM
TC just doesn't know how to lower a game's video settings or tweak the .ini files for maximum optmization. Seriously even my outdated 5-year old PC can play Skyrim with gorgeous graphics at max texture reolution
#35thrashmetal59Posted 11/23/2013 9:55:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#36Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 11/24/2013 12:47:17 AM
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
blax34dm posted...
Why are people saying specs are the problem, have you guys like never played a bethesda game?

Fallout 3 and FO: NV freeze about every 15 minutes, making them essentially impossible to play, great job bethesda.

Except they don't.

No, Fallout 3 actually kinda does. 15 minutes is probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it crashes frequently for me on a 2500k/GTX 460 1GB/4GB RAM system. And Oblivion does not run silky smooth by any stretch, either. It does stutter. The fact that my guy's athleticism is 255 definitely has something to do with it though.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html
#37codyorrPosted 11/24/2013 4:26:32 AM
Steamster posted...
Believe it or not, but Bethesda games are pretty damn complex and difficult to make.

Not only that, but they do use a pretty sketchy engine.

So that's why the plots are terrible! I always wondered what else they were doing.