This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Steambox wants console gamer's to use it, why are they allowing KB/M?

#11The_SchoolistPosted 11/23/2013 6:02:58 PM
This topic is stupid. There is no reason to limit EVERYONE because most people would rather gimp THEMSELVES. The only compromise is gamepad only servers as suggested. Topic over.
---
PC, Deluxe Wii U, and Pikachu 3DS XL
#12claytonbuckleyPosted 11/23/2013 7:23:20 PM
Steambox isn't a console, neither is it trying to compete with consoles

If anything it's trying to convert peasants to PCs
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#13doctoglethorpePosted 11/23/2013 7:31:29 PM
Better an open system that allows player choice then a closed system that coddles you.
#14doctoglethorpePosted 11/23/2013 7:34:47 PM
doctoglethorpe posted...
Better an open system that allows player choice then a closed system that coddles you.

PS: Coming from a controller user.
#15g7g7g7g7Posted 11/23/2013 7:40:03 PM
@The Way Of The Gun

I am answering the question posed in your topic title and ignoring most of your post.
Your question "If Steambox (Valve) wants console (surely they want all) gamer's to use it, why are they allowing KB/M?" makes very little sense. For some reason you have assumed that this "hardcore" ONLY want controllers, and you have assumed that valve would want to give that to this group at expense of all other markets.

What makes this really silly is that Steamachines are just small form factor PC's built by any hardware manufacturer, they are going to be based on an open source O.S. derived from a version of Linux and removing the KB/M interface from it would just be absurd for everything that the machines can do. I can install quickbooks on it and do my ledgers whilst sitting on the couch with a wireless kb/m.
---
You never see people quoting each other in sigs anymore. - Adam Laz
#16-CJF-Posted 11/23/2013 7:42:10 PM
Why would the ability to use a KB/M be a fail? It's not forced and there is controller support. More options are always a good thing.
#17arleasPosted 11/23/2013 7:49:28 PM
allow

Yes, it should clearly not allow anything of the sort. It should require you to buy a steam controller and any future steam approved peripherals.

Instead of KB and M it should require a steamboard and Steam-mouse....

Then it'd be perfect as a console (which BTW it isn't a console, but that's part of the joke, right?)
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#18cosmic_assasinPosted 11/23/2013 7:52:43 PM
you can use a keyboard with the wii u..
---
Assassssssin
#19Arya1Posted 11/23/2013 8:38:22 PM
cosmic_assasin posted...
you can use a keyboard with the wii u..

This.
PS4 also support KB/M, XB1 may have KB/M support in future update.
#20DiehardFFv2Posted 11/23/2013 8:59:07 PM
wizardmon posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
Not allowing it would be worse IMO. One solution would be a filter for "gamepad only" servers.

They should have that for CoD Ghosts, gamepad players are almost always top of the server in TDM/FFA.

I can confirm this to be true. Frankly, I wish it would just connect us with the Xbox servers so we could have more people to play against. I'm tired of always stomping on PC baddies.
---
3570k | r9 280x | 8GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD