This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mechanical keyboards

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mechanical keyboards

User Info: Northernly

Northernly
3 years ago#1
What are good brands for mechanical keyboards and what would be some good ones in the $50-70 range (if there are any).

I really like the Das model S Ultimate, especially the full black on thekeycaps. Is it really worth that much money?
3DS FC 2032 6503 9285

User Info: MaKhaos

MaKhaos
3 years ago#2
CM Storm Quickfire XT
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
3 years ago#3
Das isn't really worth that much--ABS plastic, cherry stabilizers are both signs of cheapness. One nice thing about them is that they do not use mini-USB ports, which tends to a point of weakness that breaks easily. But there are better solutions.

To offer an alternative, the Unicomp ultraclassic is good--for typing, not so much for gaming.
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha

Northernly
3 years ago#4
The CM seems like it's closer to $100, which is a bit expensive, and sadly I'm looking for something that's good for gaming and general use, so the Unicomp probably wouldn't work well.
3DS FC 2032 6503 9285

User Info: AkaneSoir

AkaneSoir
3 years ago#5
The XT is the full version. The Rapid is a tenkeyless version that can go down to the 70s range. Perhaps that would work.

Northernly
3 years ago#6
If I would have to go 10keyless, I would push the budget up to around $100 I suppose.

The CM XT is nice, but is there something around for that much with backlights? Most of the nice ones I'm seen seem to be in the $130-140 range, which is really a bit much for a keyboard (even with more features), which is sort of lame because a lot of them look really nice.

Sorry to seem to helpless, but there are just so many different options and none of them really seem like 'the keyboard'. Just buying a model m off of ebay seems like it might be the best way to go...
3DS FC 2032 6503 9285

Northernly
3 years ago#7
up
3DS FC 2032 6503 9285

User Info: Crimson_Jesus

Crimson_Jesus
3 years ago#8
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129026

100 dollars and backlit
If you believe in Cthulhu and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/CrimsonJesus.jpg

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#9
Deck keyboards are probobly the best Mechanical Keyboards on the market atm... Check em out, they're a little expensive, but definitely worth it just because of the quality.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: MaKhaos

MaKhaos
3 years ago#10
Ducky Zero Shine for a full keyboard that is cheap and backlit. Or the CM Storm Quickfire TK for a compact numpad one.
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mechanical keyboards

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived