This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New mouse suggestions?

#1Last Grand MageX2Posted 11/24/2013 2:55:40 PM
So I have a Razer Deathadder, and I love the size and shape of the mouse, but I hate the build quality, mine is failing after about 1.5 years of use. Can anyone recommend a mouse with the the same shape, size and sensor quality, but with superior build quality?
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#2_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/24/2013 3:02:23 PM
I think a very similar shape and size to the deathadder is the Zowie EC1 Evo. They also have a very good sensor. The knock on them is that many people have issues with the scroll wheel. Zowie just announced a new version, the Zowie EC1 EVO CL. It is supposed to have a different scroll wheel, but no one knows whether it will be any better. It is available end of this or beginning of next month.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#3Last Grand MageX2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 3:10:28 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I think a very similar shape and size to the deathadder is the Zowie EC1 Evo. They also have a very good sensor. The knock on them is that many people have issues with the scroll wheel. Zowie just announced a new version, the Zowie EC1 EVO CL. It is supposed to have a different scroll wheel, but no one knows whether it will be any better. It is available end of this or beginning of next month.

The scroll wheel is what's dying on my Deathadder, and I've heard that the Deathadder 2013 has better build quality than the one I have, so right now it's looking like a new Deathadder is my best bet.
---
#4KabtheMentatPosted 11/24/2013 3:22:03 PM
It's not the exact shape of the Razer, but a G400s is pretty baller.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5Last Grand MageX2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 3:25:33 PM
KabtheMentat posted...

Should've mentioned in the OP, but I hate the G400s, my friend has one and I feel like the side buttons are practically useless due to their positioning.
---
#6Saga3Posted 11/24/2013 3:31:43 PM
Zowie FK meets all those requirements. I would have said G400s though.
#7_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/24/2013 3:47:40 PM
Saga3 posted...
Zowie FK meets all those requirements. I would have said G400s though.

I have the Zowie FK. I love it, but the shape and size is quite different from that of the Deathadder.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#8Saga3Posted 11/24/2013 3:55:25 PM
The scroll wheel is what's dying on my Deathadder, and I've heard that the Deathadder 2013 has better build quality than the one I have, so right now it's looking like a new Deathadder is my best bet.

I assure you, the build quality of the latest Deathadder it not good at all. I have it and it feels extremely flimsy and the bottom of it is uneven for me so it rocks from side to side; extremely irritating. I had the Naga before this and the quality was at least 5x better than the Deathadder now.

I have the Zowie FK. I love it, but the shape and size is quite different from that of the Deathadder.

Ah I see, I only saw it once at my friends house and thought it looked the same
#9daemon_danPosted 11/24/2013 3:56:10 PM
If that's 1.5 years of constant use that's not bad for how long the mouse lasted. And I'm not talking about JUST Razer. In any case, A new adder would probably be the best bet if you really liked the shape and size. There aren't many electronics stores anymore that have many mice set up to test any more but if you have a local one, scope it out and see if something feels right in your hand.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#10KabtheMentatPosted 11/24/2013 4:02:07 PM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

Should've mentioned in the OP, but I hate the G400s, my friend has one and I feel like the side buttons are practically useless due to their positioning.

Communist.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson