This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Big HELP needed building new rig!

#1Rama_XPosted 11/24/2013 8:37:04 PM
I need help choosing a case, mobo, power supply, monitor, hard drive and dvd player!

This is what i already chose:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Classified w/ ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384-bit
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz

This is what i look for in some parts:
Case: I want space for everything to fit fine and having air flow inside.
Monitor: Right now i have 1208*1024, so a monitor at 19201080p should be a nice upgrade.
Hard drive: 1TB or 2TB.
Dvd player: Just a standard player to install drivers and the such.

Here is the thing, i can only chose from a particular store that accepts my old PC as part of the payment so i can save a few bucks. Also i know the prices are crazy for Americans, but thats how it is with imports..

Choose from here:

Case: http://www.tranders.com.ar/gabinetes.html
Power supply: http://www.tranders.com.ar/fuentes.html
Monitor: http://www.tranders.com.ar/monitores.html
Mobo: http://www.tranders.com.ar/motherboards.html
Hard drive: http://www.tranders.com.ar/discos_rigidos.html
Dvd player: http://www.tranders.com.ar/opticos.html
---
Iam POPWW
#2fataliPosted 11/24/2013 9:10:13 PM(edited)
For the case I would ask which ones do you like, and then point at which ones fit the parts that you want to use, the case is a personal choice since is really about how it looks.

And how much would you be willing to spend in all the parts?

-edit-

Ok.. that's weird, they don't have any 1150 motherboards listed, you can't use the 4770k with any of the motherboards that appear in that store.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#3Rama_X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 9:15:49 PM
fatali posted...
For the case I would ask which ones do you like, and then point at which ones fit the parts that you want to use, the case is a personal choice since is really about how it looks.

And how much would you be willing to spend in all the parts?

I really dont care much how it looks, as long as it is a quality product with space for say an extra fan if i were to ever need one. Though i do want it to be black haha.

Mmh iam not sure, since i dont even know how much of a discount iam going to get giving my pc parts to them. Lets say quality and performance are my biggest goal right now. But i dont want to spend an extra 100 bucks for say a 800w power supply if iam more than good enough with 600w.

I would like quality parts so i dont need to upgrade the mobo or power supply after just 3 years of use.
---
Iam POPWW
#4VIP86Posted 11/24/2013 10:01:39 PM
Dude, not to be a debbie downer or anything, but you've created like a billion topics over the past 2 weeks and all you have set in stone for your build is the CPU, GPU, and RAM?
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750
#5Rama_X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 10:23:51 PM
VIP86 posted...
Dude, not to be a debbie downer or anything, but you've created like a billion topics over the past 2 weeks and all you have set in stone for your build is the CPU, GPU, and RAM?

LOL, it is funny because its true.

I created this account just for that also. The thing is that i had to chose just some parts to buy in America. Because my cousin is going there in a month and she can bring some things, but not many because other friends asked her for stuff too. So i decided to ask for the CPU and GPU since they are so much cheaper in USA is not even funny. And also i added the RAM since it is very small.. so i hope she doesnt mind.

Now the other things i have no other choice but to buy them here in Argentina.
---
Iam POPWW
#6AltmadragonPosted 11/24/2013 10:37:02 PM(edited)
Tell your sister to pick you up a i7-3770k not 4770k. Or you'll be searching for a mobo from some where else. 3770k is near equal to 4770k so you aren't losing out.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#7Rama_X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 10:43:44 PM
Altmadragon posted...
Tell your sister to pick you up a i7-3770k not 4770k. Or you'll be searching for a mobo from some where else. 3770k is near equal to 4770k so you aren't losing out.

Thanks for the advice man!
Its almost the same price it seems, what is the difference?

Also the guys at the store told me they should update their web because they have newer stuff and more coming. So maybe it wont be necessary. But i will have that in mind just in case they dont have the necessary mobo or if they want to charge me too much for it.
---
Iam POPWW
#8AltmadragonPosted 11/24/2013 10:53:52 PM(edited)
Rama_X posted...
Altmadragon posted...

Also the guys at the store told me they should update their web because they have newer stuff and more coming. So maybe it wont be necessary. But i will have that in mind just in case they dont have the necessary mobo or if they want to charge me too much for it.

Only difference is 3-5% stock performance and the fact that haswell just has the current title of newest CPU... So not much at all..

3770k would last just as a 4770k
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#9Rama_X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 10:57:04 PM
Altmadragon posted...
Rama_X posted...
Altmadragon posted...

Only difference is 3-5% stock performance and the fact that haswell just has the current title of newest CPU... So not much at all..

3770k would last just as a 4770k

Great to know!
---
Iam POPWW
#10Rama_X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 11:47:57 AM
Bump.
---
Iam POPWW