This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any news on Doom 4?

#1NfuzedXGamerPosted 11/25/2013 9:27:11 AM
Do you think maybe ID or Bethesda will soon release news possibly a trailer or any info of sorts for Doom 4? I havent read or heard anything for like,....Months.
#2WygunPosted 11/25/2013 10:34:41 AM
Carmack left ID some time ago. Doom is doomed.
#3sonicteam2k1Posted 11/25/2013 10:36:35 AM
Wygun posted...

nah. Carmack just made the tech, which was reallly great. look at DOOM 3. An alright game but not a great game. But the tech is great.

If they have a great dev team and ok tech, they'll be fine without him.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#4SteamsterPosted 11/25/2013 10:42:09 AM
Wygun posted...

Lol Carmack

Romero left ages ago. Doom's been doomed.
#5WygunPosted 11/25/2013 10:46:35 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Wygun posted...

nah. Carmack just made the tech, which was reallly great. look at DOOM 3. An alright game but not a great game. But the tech is great.

If they have a great dev team and ok tech, they'll be fine without him.

Or they could make another Failout.
#630aught6Posted 11/25/2013 2:34:48 PM
Steamster posted...

Lol Carmack

---
| i7-3930K | MSI Big Bang-XPower II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | Thermaltake TP Grand 1200W | Seagate 240GB SSD | WD Black 4TB | Fractal Define XLR2 |
#7PraetorXynPosted 11/25/2013 2:54:52 PM
30aught6 posted...
Steamster posted...

Lol Carmack

This. Seriously. People need to stop worshiping Carmack. He was the programmer. Romero and the others gave those games their soul.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#8JKatarnPosted 11/25/2013 3:55:31 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
30aught6 posted...
Steamster posted...

Lol Carmack

This. Seriously. People need to stop worshiping Carmack. He was the programmer. Romero and the others gave those games their soul.

And without Carmack's tech there would be no Id games - each were equally important.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#9dekouPosted 11/25/2013 4:23:32 PM
Worshipping a single developer is rather short-sighted in any case. Carmack didn't make Doom. Romero didn't make Doom. id made Doom and that id clearly doesn't exist anymore. Then again, maybe the new id is just as talented.

I guess that, after Rage flopped, they've been tight on budget and are having some trouble revealing Doom 4. After a somewhat disappointing D3, the whole series may go down the drain if D4 is not a hit.
#10MachEvolutionPosted 11/25/2013 4:34:05 PM
There's been a few news stories over the years that mention how Doom 4's development has been plagued by corporate politics as well as poor design choices that resulted in having to essentially restart the project all over again.

Personally, I don't have much hope for Doom 4 being a good game, let alone as good as it's predecessors, and that's if it ever even sees release. I didn't particularly like Doom 3, either and it being a reboot of the series didn't help it in my eyes. Doom and Doom 2 were amazing games, and with modern rendering engines they still hold up very well. But more than likely Doom 4 will either be another franchise reboot or a continuation from Doom 3.