This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously excited for Fallout 4

#21ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/25/2013 10:42:10 AM
F3 sucks anyway.
#22KabtheMentatPosted 11/25/2013 10:45:08 AM
SpazH3d posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
I said fight me.

Nobody is going to fuel your sick, twisted fetish! Pervert!

I pay good money.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#23AsucaHayashiPosted 11/25/2013 10:51:23 AM
New Link posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
New Link posted...
I played Fallout 3 for the first time yesterday for about an hour. I didnt really get into it... Probably wont be playing it again (i don't own it and it didnt impress me.)

so you're saying you didn't even get past the opening level.

gotcha.

I saved butch's mother, killed butch, got out of the vault, found a woman in a shack, killed a bunch of cannibals in a school, found the woman's husband in Megaton. In that time the game did not grab me.

It seems like it's halfway between a bunch of games that I do like, but does none of those aspects particularly great. It has elements of elder scrolls, borderlands, and kotor... but each of those respective games seems to do each part better.

Don't all persnickity because i wasnt impressed by a game you like. I like games that other people don't too. I didnt say it was a bad game, i said it didnt grab me.

seems to me like you were set on just rushing through to see what it was like and probably on some level were prepared to be disappointed regardless of the quality of the game.

on my first run i spent around an hour before getting out of the vault because i wanted to explore and talk to people and just do ****.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#24SlashmanSGPosted 11/25/2013 10:57:55 AM
New Link posted...
I saved butch's mother, killed butch, got out of the vault, found a woman in a shack, killed a bunch of cannibals in a school, found the woman's husband in Megaton. In that time the game did not grab me.

You did all that in an hour? That's called rushing.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
#25Kevin_OSPosted 11/25/2013 11:01:55 AM
I still haven't gotten around to playing New Vegas, but Fallout 3 was an excellent game that I played a lot of. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with Fallout 4 also.
---
3570k / HD 7870 / GA-Z77X-D3H / 500R / 1TB HDD / 8GB DDR3 / TX 650
#26HaeravonPosted 11/25/2013 11:43:45 AM
Fallout 4... I'm going to have to write a FAQ for this game, too, aren't I?
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com.
#27xBrokenxHaloxPosted 11/25/2013 12:25:43 PM
I wish I could get into fallout 1/2, they seem like great games.
---
Error. Human is dead, mismatch.
#28codyorrPosted 11/25/2013 12:30:43 PM
I keep my Fallout 3 DVD in its box where it should be. That box is buried in the bins of empty game boxes in the shed. I keep the good games inside.
#29thordain970Posted 11/25/2013 12:46:32 PM
I loved Fallout 3, but I can see why some it left a bad taste with some people. The environments are pretty monotonous. Wherever you go, all you see is urban decay. Although it's justifiable given the setting, the artists could have put in some more distinguishing features or things to do. Regardless, it's pretty fun as long as you know where you're going and what you're doing. (i.e. read a FAQ and get a basic idea of the available quests) If you just wander around aimlessly and poke your head into random places, you probably won't find much excitement.

If Bestheda (or Obsidian) is indeed working on a new Fallout installment, I just hope the level of interaction has more depth. It would be nice to feature romances for a change - maybe something even more involved than what Skyrim has to offer. Most of all, I hope same-sex options are left intact. Ideally, the protagonist should always be a blank slate so the player can make choices that best reflect their own interests. If the player is forced to pursue one type of relationship or another, then it's hard to put oneself in the role of the character.
#30AlterEgo3561Posted 11/25/2013 1:16:42 PM
Excited yet cautious for Fallout 4. I boarded the hype train for Skyrim and while I played the hell out of it, a lot of things disappointed me, a big one being the story. This time I am going to instead think only of the negative things I can expect so that if any of them are untrue I can be pleasantly surprised.

I wholly expect the client to be buggy and unstable, my game will crash repeatedly and some quests will be bugged to be impossible to complete on that save file (looking at you Blood on Ice...) .

I expect them to advertise some form of super radiant NPC AI that will fall short.

I expect them to brag about voice overs not all being the same, but really will only have a few special voices and then a full cast of 5 other people for the majority of the npc's.

I expect my companions to lack any and all character development. (New Vegas was a step in the right direction probs to obsidian, Skyrim however was a step back)

I expect the Nuclear Winter concept (or whatever major plot they end up choosing) built up to be this big region altering thing that when completed will have little to no effect on the world, npc's wont even acknowledge its completion.

I expect to have much more fun installing dozens of mods that while making my game a lot more fun to play, will also increase my rate of crashes and instability.

I may have missed a few, but... yeah...