This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously excited for Fallout 4

#31LostHisHardcorePosted 11/25/2013 2:31:35 PM(edited)
thordain970 posted...
If you just wander around aimlessly and poke your head into random places, you probably won't find much excitement.

What? That's my favourite aspect of the new games, roaming around exploring without worrying about quests.
Anyway I'm eager for more info on a Fallout 4, as long as it doesn't have those bloody repeating subway systems from F3 then I'll be ok.
I'm guessing it'll be based on the developed gamebryo engine they used for Skyrim, so could be good, although personally idtech5 would be sweet but I'm sure someone has mentioned before that it's not so good at large outdoor expanses
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#32notSFFPosted 11/25/2013 3:48:24 PM
Let Bethesda do the world and let Obsidian do the writing.

That should address the most common complaints people tend to have with either company.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#33Abiz_Posted 11/25/2013 4:21:39 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
I said fight me.

I want to fight you, but I agree with you. What do I do? What do I DO!?
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#34AbsolutelyAlexPosted 11/25/2013 4:32:38 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
New Link posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
New Link posted...
I played Fallout 3 for the first time yesterday for about an hour. I didnt really get into it... Probably wont be playing it again (i don't own it and it didnt impress me.)

so you're saying you didn't even get past the opening level.

gotcha.

I saved butch's mother, killed butch, got out of the vault, found a woman in a shack, killed a bunch of cannibals in a school, found the woman's husband in Megaton. In that time the game did not grab me.

It seems like it's halfway between a bunch of games that I do like, but does none of those aspects particularly great. It has elements of elder scrolls, borderlands, and kotor... but each of those respective games seems to do each part better.

Don't all persnickity because i wasnt impressed by a game you like. I like games that other people don't too. I didnt say it was a bad game, i said it didnt grab me.

seems to me like you were set on just rushing through to see what it was like and probably on some level were prepared to be disappointed regardless of the quality of the game.

on my first run i spent around an hour before getting out of the vault because i wanted to explore and talk to people and just do ****.

Seems to me you already envisioned OP's attitude toward the game before you even read his response.
#35NfuzedXGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 2:09:37 AM
My biggest gripe was how buggy it was given the sort of crap engine it ran on. Graphics werent my issue actually in 1080P with some visual mods it looked quite good to be honest. Secondly bugs aside, i wish the pacing would be better and am hoping for some better gunplay this time around.

Lets hope also the world map is larger than 3's
#36DragoonGriffithPosted 11/26/2013 2:33:30 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
I don't want another Fallout if Obsidian isn't doing it.

---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII > IX = IV > III > I > II
FF: FFVI > the rest I can't rank without going into tiers
#37ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/26/2013 8:13:19 AM
notSFF posted...

That should address the most common complaints people tend to have with either company.

Bethesda's worlds suck. People are just too dumb to notice.

Unless everyone loves going through tons of identical metro tunnels.
#38matu90rkPosted 11/26/2013 9:25:47 AM
notSFF posted...

I'm sure that the Mojave's bland, empty desert was a lot more exciting.
#39xanthan1Posted 11/26/2013 9:46:44 AM
matu90rk posted...
notSFF posted...

Yes, yes it was. Because it wasn't full of dumb asses too stupid to try farming outside of one small one that might feed a family or 2. Or that parts of it had any connection to other parts instead of only being about as connected to each other as the rides at Disney Land.

But no, keep preferring the more theme parky one that was full of stupid crap and had the metro. I'm sure it must be better despite having many more flaws.

The only way the one in 3 was any better was having things less spread out, not more just less spread out, and that does NOTHING to make the majority of it less ****y
#40matu90rkPosted 11/26/2013 9:50:16 AM
xanthan1 posted...
matu90rk posted...
notSFF posted...

Yes, yes it was. Because it wasn't full of dumb asses too stupid to try farming outside of one small one that might feed a family or 2. Or that parts of it had any connection to other parts instead of only being about as connected to each other as the rides at Disney Land.

But no, keep preferring the more theme parky one that was full of stupid crap and had the metro. I'm sure it must be better despite having many more flaws.

The only way the one in 3 was any better was having things less spread out, not more just less spread out, and that does NOTHING to make the majority of it less ****y

New Vegas is my favorite, but DC was much more interesting than the Mojave. That's why I run TTW and get to enjoy both.