This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elder Scrolls Online isn't that bad.

#51AltmadragonPosted 11/25/2013 2:20:31 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Altmadragon posted...
If you want to survive around here you might want to stop using logic.

Take your pseudo-intellectual sarcasm back to Reddit. You'd be better welcomed there, fanboy.

You peeked my interest, what am I a fanboy of.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#52Orestes417Posted 11/25/2013 2:21:53 PM
Yes and no. "Fail miserably" depends more on the actual economics than it does subscriber count. Anyone expecting to reach WoW levels is an idiot. Even Blizz themselves probably won't be able to repeat on the perfect storm of a fluke that led to WoW's success. Plenty of smaller more niche MMOs do really good business though.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#53bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 2:24:45 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
"isnt that bad" seems hardly enticing.

Meant its not as bad as people make it out to be.
---
If it wasn't for balla spouting bs over the years my post count would be way lower. It's not that serious - supergamerbret
#54SinisterSlayPosted 11/25/2013 2:26:59 PM
bsballa09 posted...
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
"isnt that bad" seems hardly enticing.

Meant its not as bad as people make it out to be.

Games are automatically more critically judged if you have to pay for them.

A game can get away with a lot if its free.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#55Edavy89Posted 11/25/2013 2:29:56 PM
Saga3 posted...
bsballa09 posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
bsballa09 posted...

And no one is forcing you to buy it. So you have no reason to complain about others buying it.

Gonna complain anyway, and there's nothing you can do about it.

And people are going to buy ESO, and ESO will more than likely be extremely profitable, and there's nothing you can do about it.

No it won't; at least on PC it won't. Look at any other MMO that came out in the last 3 years and you will see they fail miserably after a year. Profitable? obviously, 'extremely'? not a chance.

On consoles it's a different story, because most console players have never experienced a MMO before, but people would be reluctant to play it since it's $15 on top of the platform's online fee. It will be more profitable than PC though.

The MMO genre is so washed out, more so than FPS.

You honestly think most console players have never played a PC MMO before? I don't have a *single* friend who owns and games on consoles but doesn't or hasn't gamed on PC. Not to say they don't exist, but you act like it's this incredible base of players who are going to "ohhh and awww" at the shiny lights they have never seen before. i highly doubt that's even remotely accurate.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#56PanopictonguyPosted 11/25/2013 2:31:52 PM
Orestes417 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Why build a themepark MMO based on a sandbox RPG?

That's just mindbogglingly stupid.

Bingo. It might've had a chance in hell if they'd done it as a player driven sandbox MMO, maybe with a STO style mod foundry. As a thempark MMO though... the hell are they thinking? They really think anyone plays the TES games for the engaging story and lore?

Have you ever looked at TES wiki or been on one of the boards. Role play around the elder scrolls lore is what keeps a lot of long time fans going. You must be one of those who thinks the Elder Scrolls games should clone dark souls with a Diablo loot system.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#57Sc24lifePosted 11/25/2013 2:34:58 PM
Orestes417 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Why build a themepark MMO based on a sandbox RPG?

That's just mindbogglingly stupid.

Bingo. It might've had a chance in hell if they'd done it as a player driven sandbox MMO, maybe with a STO style mod foundry. As a thempark MMO though... the hell are they thinking? They really think anyone plays the TES games for the engaging story and lore?

I'd wager TC doesn't know of the differences between themepark and sandbox MMOs. I'd also wager that TC hadn't known of the term sandbox MMO prior to this thread. Either way Skyrim Online is going to fail. One of the worst MMOs I've played (And yes I'm taking into consideration it's in beta. I've played many MMO betas that were more fun than Skyrim Online when they were at the same point in their life cycle).
---
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha
#58PanopictonguyPosted 11/25/2013 2:36:19 PM
SinisterSlay posted...

An MMO will always requiring killing.
You can't make a passive character that only fights with illusion magic and stealth.

Holy crap you gave me an idea of a play through I wanna do.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#59SinisterSlayPosted 11/25/2013 2:37:15 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

An MMO will always requiring killing.
You can't make a passive character that only fights with illusion magic and stealth.

Holy crap you gave me an idea of a play through I wanna do.

Have fun, it's apparently pretty tough. There is an entire web series about a guy trying.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#60Orestes417Posted 11/25/2013 2:37:43 PM
Considering I hate dark souls almost as much as I hate TES... no not really. Most all I see from the TES community is people who spend 20 hours modding the game to never bother leaving the starting area because the story is that milquetoast to begin with. It's generic fantasy drivel that makes RA Salvatore look like ****ing Michael Moorcock by comparison set in bland worlds with barely passable combat on a rather crap engine whose main redeeming feature is the user can bend the world in whatever way they want.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!