This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elder Scrolls Online isn't that bad.

#71seryou101Posted 11/25/2013 3:52:20 PM
wizardmon posted...
I thought it was amung some of the worst MMO games I've ever attempted to play.

I won't even play it when it inevitably becomes free to play the week after it launches.

Fixed and agreed.
---
Source 210 White | I7-970 4.5ghz | MSI 7950 TF3 1185/1500 | 12gb 1600mhz | Silent Pro M 850w | P6X58-E Pro | Sceptre X270W-1080P 27''
#72MinamoPosted 11/25/2013 4:15:43 PM
bsballa09 posted...
No one should logically expect the game to be Skyrim online. You just can't do certain things in an MMO that you can do in a single player game such as the "individual experience" where the world revolves around you.

...Then why bother making it an MMO? Stripping the Elder Scrolls series of what makes it unique to turn it into a cashcow MMO is poor decision, and people are rightfully upset at the tremendous waste of development time that could have been put towards another actual Elder Scrolls game. With the amount of effort that gets put into making an MMO playable at launch you could probably put out at least two full games.

By removing what makes it a unique series, it looks to be another by-the-numbers MMO. Why should I, a fan of the series, bother with it? All people really want is two player co-op or one-on-one PVP, ala Dark Souls. From Software did it pretty well for their first try, I'm sure Bethesda could have done something similar instead of going the MMO route. Bethesda pulled the same stunt that EA did with KotOR, and it bombed, I expect nothing different here.
#73bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 4:23:27 PM
Minamo posted...
bsballa09 posted...
No one should logically expect the game to be Skyrim online. You just can't do certain things in an MMO that you can do in a single player game such as the "individual experience" where the world revolves around you.

...Then why bother making it an MMO? Stripping the Elder Scrolls series of what makes it unique to turn it into a cashcow MMO is poor decision, and people are rightfully upset at the tremendous waste of development time that could have been put towards another actual Elder Scrolls game. With the amount of effort that gets put into making an MMO playable at launch you could probably put out at least two full games.

ESO isn't being made by Bethesda.
---
If it wasn't for balla spouting bs over the years my post count would be way lower. It's not that serious - supergamerbret
#74Zero_ManiacPosted 11/25/2013 4:31:55 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Minamo posted...
bsballa09 posted...

ESO isn't being made by Bethesda.

This is true. Bethesda is probably working on the next Fallout and/or TES right about now, not making ESO.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, Oblivion, and random MMOs
Currently watching: Tsubasa, Inuyasha, Code Geass R2
#75HighOnPhazonPosted 11/25/2013 4:39:02 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Shadow uses words, but doesn't understand how to use them.

Literally laughed out loud
---
NNID/Steam:AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#76CTBradumsPosted 11/25/2013 5:35:37 PM
I wasn't impressed. I know that this is just the beta, but everything seemed clunky and awkward, and the pacing of the quests was slow and didn't really feel fun. Unless they really revamp the game, I see this going F2P rather quickly.

And from a lore perspective, I feel like in terms of storyline, they're REALLY just shoving the integrity of the story they've been painstakingly crafting to the ground and just hate-effing it in order to make an MMO. The only alliance that makes any sense is the Dominion, because those races are legitimate allies in canon. The others are hardly believable and are clearly thrown together just to balance MMO factions.
#77jing0000Posted 11/25/2013 5:48:04 PM
SpazH3d posted...
To be fair, the idea of an Elder Scrolls MMO is fantastic. 10 or so races (I hope) and a massive world to explore with my interspecies friends? Yes!

I would never pay monthly for a MMO, though.

While I have little interest in elder scrolls as an MMO. It is ONLY the monthly payed ones that ever end up being worth your time imo...Free to play normally has a translation of "unrefined" and generally does not hold up as a game at all. Paid MMO's as well only tend to be worth your money if you enjoy the social aspect of them, As they do less generally then regular RPG's.

This is not taking into account games that fit into genre's like League of legends.
---
none
#78xHuckleberryPosted 11/25/2013 6:05:30 PM
Minamo posted...
bsballa09 posted...

By removing what makes it a unique series, it looks to be another by-the-numbers MMO. Why should I, a fan of the series, bother with it? All people really want is two player co-op or one-on-one PVP, ala Dark Souls. From Software did it pretty well for their first try, I'm sure Bethesda could have done something similar instead of going the MMO route. Bethesda pulled the same stunt that EA did with KotOR, and it bombed, I expect nothing different here.

Logically, silly.

Why bother making a huge, successful RPG series into an MMORPG? Uhm, just read that again and it should come to you. The entertainment industry isnt exactly flooding with new and innovative idea's. I doubt im alone when i say this, but i admit ive thought about a ESO game in the past and if done right, could be amazing. On paper it is just that, amazing. Sounds like the perfect mmo.

Cash cow? Yeah, of course they picked a game with a solid fan base. Id hate to be the one around the table who brought up anything besides ESO honestly. Probably laughed at. Also, i dont need to mention that Bethesda didnt make ESO. But i did anyway. Oh, THEN the part where apparently they coulda brought out 2 new(full) games in the time it took them to create this. Priceless.
#79Sc24lifePosted 11/25/2013 6:34:57 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Sc24life posted...
Orestes417 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Why build a themepark MMO based on a sandbox RPG?

That's just mindbogglingly stupid.

Bingo. It might've had a chance in hell if they'd done it as a player driven sandbox MMO, maybe with a STO style mod foundry. As a thempark MMO though... the hell are they thinking? They really think anyone plays the TES games for the engaging story and lore?

I'd wager TC doesn't know of the differences between themepark and sandbox MMOs. I'd also wager that TC hadn't known of the term sandbox MMO prior to this thread. Either way Skyrim Online is going to fail. One of the worst MMOs I've played (And yes I'm taking into consideration it's in beta. I've played many MMO betas that were more fun than Skyrim Online when they were at the same point in their life cycle).

I think you have a gambling problem. Because you keep losing your money but still want to gamble.

You're just being bitter because I told you that slot machines are boring.
---
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha
#80bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 6:37:04 PM
Sc24life posted...
bsballa09 posted...
Sc24life posted...
Orestes417 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Why build a themepark MMO based on a sandbox RPG?

That's just mindbogglingly stupid.

Bingo. It might've had a chance in hell if they'd done it as a player driven sandbox MMO, maybe with a STO style mod foundry. As a thempark MMO though... the hell are they thinking? They really think anyone plays the TES games for the engaging story and lore?

I'd wager TC doesn't know of the differences between themepark and sandbox MMOs. I'd also wager that TC hadn't known of the term sandbox MMO prior to this thread. Either way Skyrim Online is going to fail. One of the worst MMOs I've played (And yes I'm taking into consideration it's in beta. I've played many MMO betas that were more fun than Skyrim Online when they were at the same point in their life cycle).

I think you have a gambling problem. Because you keep losing your money but still want to gamble.

You're just being bitter because I told you that slot machines are boring.

And yet they are always profitable and will keep being made and people will keep playing them continuing to piss you off.
---
If it wasn't for balla spouting bs over the years my post count would be way lower. It's not that serious - supergamerbret