This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I made a small gameplay mod for Deus Ex

#1revolverPosted 11/25/2013 2:09:14 PM
It's based on Shifter and still has most of the changes/improvements it made to the game. The one thing I didn't like about Shifter is that the skill point system led to some lazy play styles as it was easier for me to whack the enemies on the back of the head with a crowbar and get skill points for it than it was for me to stealth the levels and get the stealth bonus at the end.

This mod is for people who want to enjoy Shifter but are going for a stealth playthrough. Kills are penalized by 5 skill points but non lethal takedowns do not get penalized. Shifter's stealth bonus system is kept in place so the more enemies conscious and that haven't been alerted, the more bonus points upon completion of a level.

Other changes include:

-Alarm panel and Camera hit points and damage threshold lowered from 50 to 20. Taking these out is a viable option while going stealth now.

-Poison Darts knock enemeies out after a few seconds now making them a more viable option.

-Each difficulty is a bit harder except for realistic.

-The computer skill requires less skill points to upgrade, while the rifle and heavy take more.

www.mediafire.com/download/qbbixfkfhq2g25f/StealthModv0.1.zip

I'd appreciate any input to improve this, even if you're not planning on trying it let me know if you have a good idea.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 4 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#2mycousinvinniePosted 11/25/2013 2:27:15 PM
better reinstall for this
#3HypereiaPosted 11/25/2013 2:40:28 PM
It's Denton! Remember the briefing.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hypereia
Origin/BF4: Hypereia
#4Doomsday FortePosted 11/25/2013 4:09:22 PM
There was another Shifter mod I tried some time ago called BioMod. Same idea as how yours started, "I liked Shifter but I wanted to change something" and that led to augmentations being toggleable and some of them not requiring energy anymore. It didn't change much of anything but how the augmentations worked, though.

I might not try this, but I do like the idea of it catering more to a stealthy/nonlethal playthrough like HR did.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.