This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a Space Sim/strategy/ship flying game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a Space Sim/strategy/ship flying game

User Info: NeonYoshi11

NeonYoshi11
3 years ago#1
Been watching Battlestar Galactica and now I want to play a space game, but not sure which game/s I would like or which ones are actually worth playing.

* Galactic Civ 2 Ultimate edition for $20 on Steam looks appealing but not sure how the game is.

What are the space games out there worth playing?

I'm not sure if I want to just fly a ship or command a whole civ so I'm open to all options and suggestions.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0219-2969-7648

User Info: TheSchref

TheSchref
3 years ago#2
GalCiv 2 - Old 4x TBS game (lots of building your own ships and such if you choose to do so)
Sins of a Solar Empire - 4x semi-RTS game (primarily exterminate. I believe it has some ship building. Not sure.)

Edit: I misread. I thought it said ship building not ship flying. Ummm... I don't think there are many strategy games where you fly your own ship.

User Info: Ikari Gendo

Ikari Gendo
3 years ago#3
X3: Albion Prelude
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA

User Info: LordOfLegacies

LordOfLegacies
3 years ago#4
Sins of a Solar Empire for strategy. It's on a huge scale and you can control fleets of hundreds of ships from little missile frigates to giant capital ships with their own bays full of fighters and bombers.

X3: Terran Conflict for sim/ship flying. Hell of a learning curve but just watch a let's play on youtube of it to get an idea of how to start off. It pretty much hits what you're looking for right on the f***ing nose though. You start out with nothing and can work your way up to be a merchant king or THE military of the galaxy, or both. And lots of other stuff.
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 years ago#5
Star Citizen looks like it's going to be good.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9

NeonYoshi11
3 years ago#6
PraetorXyn posted...

when is that supposed to be released though?

NeonYoshi11
3 years ago#7
LordOfLegacies posted...
Sins of a Solar Empire for strategy. It's on a huge scale and you can control fleets of hundreds of ships from little missile frigates to giant capital ships with their own bays full of fighters and bombers.

X3: Terran Conflict for sim/ship flying. Hell of a learning curve but just watch a let's play on youtube of it to get an idea of how to start off. It pretty much hits what you're looking for right on the f***ing nose though. You start out with nothing and can work your way up to be a merchant king or THE military of the galaxy, or both. And lots of other stuff.

Is sins just a skirmish mode with only 3 civs but the games take 4-10 hours ?

I love the ability to create my own civ and ships in Galactic Civ 2, so kind of leaning towards that, but i may want to get more than 1 game.

User Info: TheSchref

TheSchref
3 years ago#8
NeonYoshi11 posted...
LordOfLegacies posted...

Is sins just a skirmish mode with only 3 civs but the games take 4-10 hours ?

I love the ability to create my own civ and ships in Galactic Civ 2, so kind of leaning towards that, but i may want to get more than 1 game.

I can't speak to the length of games for Sins, but games for GalCiv 2 can be very, very long. It all depends on the options you choose.

User Info: akuma634

akuma634
3 years ago#9
NeonYoshi11 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

when is that supposed to be released though?

Not for a long time. Probably a year or two at the earliest.
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634

User Info: CloudZ1116

CloudZ1116
3 years ago#10
Freespace 2. For the love of God, if you're looking to do some flying, you need to play Freespace 2.
Intel Core i7 2600k | XFX Radeon HD 7950 | MSI P67A-G45 | Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 16GB | Crucial M4 128GB | WD Cavair Black 1TB | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a Space Sim/strategy/ship flying game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived