This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Headphones/headsets?

#1Fourth_BonkuraPosted 11/25/2013 3:40:09 PM
I've been using a pair of Turtle Beach earforce PX21s - originally bought for my PS3 but I use them on my computer now - I hardly play PS3 anymore actually but that's beside the point. I've been using them for nearly three years now and love everything about them with one exception. You see I haven't been using one pair but rather three.

These things just seem to break so easily. I was pretty rough on the first but after seeing how easily they break I went much easier on the second and it didn't help much. This third set isn't even a year old and it's already showing signs of imminent breaking.

I think the audio quality is good - it's better than the only other headphones I have anyway (Sennheiser), they're comfortable, I like that they can easily be used for console and PC gaming and I love the little amplifier they have - I don't think I'd want to cope without one from now on.

But if they're just going to break within a year they're no good. I've decided I can't keep buying the same thing (better late than never I guess).

Is there anything else in the lower end of the price range (that at least has an amplifier like the PX21) that's a little more durable?
---
Mount and Blade is a lot like Fire Emblem, except that instead of Lance beating Sword Lance beats everything but Castle.
#2jubjub_28Posted 11/25/2013 4:36:36 PM
Interesting... ive had my PX21's for ever 5 years now with no problems at all...
---
METAL GEAR SOLID V.
#3PraetorXynPosted 11/25/2013 5:29:11 PM
Avoid headsets as the sound quality is terrible compared to good headphones.

If you give me a budget, I can make recommendations.
Do you have a sound-card already? That will be necessary if you want to use Dolby Headphone or CMSS 3D for positional audio in games.

Whatever headphones you get will sound better through an amp, which will add to the costs. But it's far better than those little preamps that come as part of headset cables.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#4Fourth_Bonkura(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 6:41:35 PM
So instead of buying a headset you want me to buy a separate set of headphones, an amplifier and a microphone? No.

My fault, I shouldn't have put "headphones" in the title, silly mistake.
---
Mount and Blade is a lot like Fire Emblem, except that instead of Lance beating Sword Lance beats everything but Castle.
#5ClouddxPosted 11/25/2013 7:39:30 PM(edited)
Fourth_Bonkura posted...
So instead of buying a headset you want me to buy a separate set of headphones, an amplifier and a microphone? No.

My fault, I shouldn't have put "headphones" in the title, silly mistake.

No, just good headphones and a mic. It would be lightyears better than any headset for the price. Alternatively you can get the Sennheiser PC320, if that's too expensive check out the PC310.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S