This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crysis Warhead is really really good

#11Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 11/25/2013 9:09:48 PM
Yeah Warhead's probably a bit better (while it lasts, anyways) than the original, imo. Better-optimized, too, which is nice
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html
#12bigbadharryPosted 11/25/2013 9:36:42 PM
I never really liked any of the Crysis games fun for the first couple of hours but it always goes downhill.

The best thing was smashing a shack with a guy inside, they needed to more of that, Farcry 1 was a great game for about 80% of the game, the Crysis games maybe 30%.
#13Kevin_OS(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 3:59:56 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
Warhead was the best mix of open combat and larger areas with more structured levels and storytelling. Crysis 2 and 3 went way over board with it and its no secret that the first game fell apart with its storytelling parts in the last 1/3.

I also always thought the hover chase w/ the kickass music playing was the best "scripted" sequence in the series.

Yes that was awesome. I also loved that whole train sequence and that part at the airstrip.
---
3570k / HD 7870 / GA-Z77X-D3H / 500R / 1TB HDD / 8GB DDR3 / TX 650
#14Jprime666Posted 11/26/2013 5:39:17 AM
Crysis and Warhead are my favourite single player modern military shooters.
---
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat
#15Tommy2GoGoPosted 11/26/2013 5:40:03 AM
Warhead is honestly the best in the series, imo.
The story was pretty well down and I liked how much action there was.
The cut-scenes were fun and entertaining. They were suspenseful.

It is by far the best Crysis game out there. SHort? Yes, fun? Most definitely.

List

Crysis Warhead
Crysis 1
Crysis 3
Crysis 2.

2 is by far the most disappointing one.
I really hated that the guy in the suit really didn't talk.
Of course yeah. I understand why. It was still disappointing.
The only good part was when Prophet shows up at the end. Now THAT was cool.
#16leon_trunksPosted 11/26/2013 7:09:11 AM
haven't played crysis 3 yet. How is it compared to 2? I hated Crysis 2's constricted levels.
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com
#17Ch3wyPosted 11/26/2013 7:11:33 AM
I still haven't beaten Warhead.

I experienced a game breaking glitch a couple hours in and it discouraged me.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#18Tommy2GoGoPosted 11/27/2013 1:48:24 AM
leon_trunks posted...
haven't played crysis 3 yet. How is it compared to 2? I hated Crysis 2's constricted levels.

I enjoyed the story, as much as many say it's Cliche'd.
Still really good. There was some open world. You could either battle your way through or hide and avoid contact all together. So it wasn't really as linear as 2.
Game was pretty short. About 7 hours to complete. The maps are better looking. Not just plain city crap.

It's a really good game.
My only problem was how bad they downgraded the power suit.
Super Speed? It was just regular sprinting. You didn't go as fast as you did in the previous games. You were pretty much just sprinting like any other game. REALLY slow. THe only reason it was useful was for swimming.
Super Amour? It WORKED. but you were just so damn slow you couldn't really move much with it. It wasn't worth it really.
Super Jump / Strenght? You don't use it much.

Overall it wasn't really that great. I miss the first Crysis power suit. That thing felt like something specially made and enhanced.
Hell the power suit you have on crisis 3 is an upgrade of the Crysis 1 suit. So that should make it way better.

The power ups were a little better organized. Really useless though since you couldn't upgrade EVERYTHING.
#19kingoffpsPosted 11/27/2013 3:25:35 AM
leon_trunks posted...
I loved Warhead too. Nothing beats playing as Jason Statham

True story.

Anyway. I actually prefer Crysis 1 to Warhead for some reason. I think I just prefer the environments. I agree that the end of Crysis 1 is crap though.

Both are still great games though. Crysis 2 was a big step backwards but a fun game. Crysis 3 is another step forward again but none is as good as the original pair of games.
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU