This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help deciding on a new mouse.

#11Skul_Posted 11/26/2013 12:57:03 AM
Out of those three the deathadder has a perfect sensor. Honestly Deathadder and G400S are the best choices for mice.
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#12DrelkagPosted 11/26/2013 12:57:41 AM
Deathadder. Best mouse I've used.
---
Play hard or go home
#13MyzeryPosted 11/26/2013 2:34:48 AM
mionix naos
---
If you kill a man, you're a murderer. If you kill many, you're a conqueror. If you kill them all, you're a god.
#14ClouddxPosted 11/26/2013 2:35:14 AM
Myzery posted...
mionix naos

nope, terrible sensor and I own the 5000.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#15_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/26/2013 3:07:19 AM
People will list mice with sensors without prediction, acceleration etc. But to be honest, when it comes to RTS, MOBA and genres like that, it is really not your first concern. Go with something that has the shape/size/weight that feels good to you, and has the features you are after (like additional buttons).

If however, you also play games like FPS where sensor accuracy and reliability is more important, then I would try and stick with those mice that are known to have a good sensor.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#16FeatherwindPosted 11/26/2013 4:03:27 AM(edited)
I recommend Logitech G600 for MMORPGs or other games where you use many keys. I suppose the Naga is similar to G600 but to me it doesn't look as good. Don't have one so can't really compare however.

You should buy more than just one mouse because different games have different needs, but I don't think that's possible with 80 dollars. The G600 is not good for games where you want to move the mouse precisely and fast as it's too big, heavy and the grip isn't that good either.
---
pathological
#17Kaushad(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 7:27:58 AM
so many responses... but it seems that the deathadder is favored. I probably don't need the extra buttons that much, so I will probably end up going with it.
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#18KabtheMentatPosted 11/26/2013 8:01:10 AM
If you don't need the extra buttons, then the G400s is probably the best you can go with.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#19KamenRiderBladePosted 11/26/2013 8:48:47 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
People will list mice with sensors without prediction, acceleration etc. But to be honest, when it comes to RTS, MOBA and genres like that, it is really not your first concern. Go with something that has the shape/size/weight that feels good to you, and has the features you are after (like additional buttons).

If however, you also play games like FPS where sensor accuracy and reliability is more important, then I would try and stick with those mice that are known to have a good sensor.

I have the G600, it's a good mouse, but the macro capability isn't as good as Razer.

However Razer's build quality and long term reliability is not very good.

I've gone through many Razer mice, and each one has had problems 1-2 years into it's lifetime

All of my Logitech mice have been very reliable.

That being said a MMO mouse is great if you want to put the time into it to memorize your buttons / macros

I recommend the Logitech G602 because it's the right balance between extra buttons, ergonomics, and performance.

You don't need the highest DPI, most people, myself included use a reasonably high DPI, but nothing insane like above 5000.

Having extra buttons is great, but even the G600, I can't logically justify using every single combination.

The G602 has the right amount of buttons, and with on the fly profile swapping, it should give you enough buttons for most peoples needs while being wireless.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#20negative4Posted 11/26/2013 8:51:41 AM
Deathadder for that much is ridiculous. I'd just get the Naga.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.