This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Reviews is now a thing, and is in beta.

#41arleasPosted 11/29/2013 6:26:15 PM
So far I've seen a few helpful reviews...and the unhelpful ones get thumbed down. So far it doesn't seem like it's unfair, but then again, I'm not the one making unpopular reviews. If I reviewed a game as a thumbs up when the majority would rate it a thumbs down I might feel persecuted if I saw people were marking it unhelpful.

Also it gives some preference to more recent reviews, so if some guy buys the game in early access alpha and says "this is garbage" and a year later the game is polished up and finished, his review will stay at the bottom until he updates it. I think they also said that the devs can step in if someone tries to review bomb them (like what happens on metacritic).
---
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/astats_card_76561197969913402.png
http://i.imgur.com/ByJEpRK.gif
#42Marioface5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 11:34:18 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Marioface5 posted...
I wish Valve would start focusing on more important things, like making DLC installation separate from game installation

So you want them to make it worse? Why?

Sorry if that wasn't clear. I don't mean that you shouldn't be able to install it all at once, but you should have the option to choose what you want to install or uninstall. That way if you want to play a game without certain DLC for whatever reason then you can do that. Being able to change what version of a game that you use (like being able to go back to an older version) would also be nice, since sometimes games can be patched for the worse, but I'm not sure how practical that would be.

As far as Steam Reviews go, I have to say I'm actually really liking them despite my previous objections. People don't seem to be abusing the system, and being able to see play time is a lot more useful than I expected it to be. Sorry to everyone for my previous negativity, I should have given it a fair chance before judging it like that.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#43GordatonPosted 11/29/2013 11:38:08 PM
dragon504 posted...
They should do an entire overhaul of the steam client, it runs like butt.

Then use Origin, which is far superior.
#44Saga3Posted 11/30/2013 3:39:13 AM
Gordaton posted...
dragon504 posted...
They should do an entire overhaul of the steam client, it runs like butt.

Then use Origin, which is far superior.

Don't go there