This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any worthwhile deals happening on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

#1RemixDeluxePosted 11/26/2013 9:46:14 AM
Any PC parts at all would help, I looked at Best Buy ads and its all crap. Newegg has given an email a day since November started and that was all crap too.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2ilovecarebearsPosted 11/26/2013 9:50:24 AM
That's what I want to know. Newegg has some preview stuff up. But I'm so or if the loop I don't know what's good. If anyone has advice on a decent mobo and cpu that they are for sale that would be awesome.
#3RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 10:23:18 AM
bump
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#4Shark_LaserPosted 11/26/2013 10:25:45 AM
I'm curious, as well.
---
Look at yourself in the mirror, and tell me what a man is without pride. Tell me what a man is without fire in his eyes. Tell me who the f*** you are.
#5xKANONxPosted 11/26/2013 1:43:56 PM
Bump for curiosity.
#6RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 2:20:37 PM
Bump
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#7Black_King945Posted 11/26/2013 5:45:04 PM
Black Friday is an illusion, the biggest markdowns are on high-margin items, "door-buster" limited stock items are generally one-off garbage models, all to get you in the door/site and so you buy something else that's regular price or 10% off.

I guarantee most, if not all major components will be at their average sale prices, and will not dip significantly lower than historic lows.
---
i7 3770K | Asus Maximus V Gene | 16GB Gskill | Asus 660ti | Seasonic 500W
#8Treason686Posted 11/26/2013 6:11:51 PM
Black_King945 posted...
Black Friday is an illusion, the biggest markdowns are on high-margin items, "door-buster" limited stock items are generally one-off garbage models, all to get you in the door/site and so you buy something else that's regular price or 10% off.

I guarantee most, if not all major components will be at their average sale prices, and will not dip significantly lower than historic lows.

Your guarantee would be wrong.

As someone who has worked in retail much longer than you, there are significant discounts on many items, including computers, TVs, audio, and tablets.

These items are NOT high margin, and comparable sales usually come along once or twice a year.

Looking at my store's sales ad for the week (And I'm not real keen on working Thursday, mind you), the bulk of the items are below their average sale prices. Granted, these items in some cases are only $10 or so less than regular sale price, it's still less. Other items are $10 less and might include bundled accessories not normally offered, making it a pretty good value. Some of the other items advertised rarely, if ever, go on sale. We've got a couple routers marked half-off.

Many other, unadvertised items are on sale, but they're just their regular sale prices which makes it a good day to shop even if you're not willing to camp out in line.

And yes, there are also those doorbusters. I wouldn't call them garbage (in most cases). In my experience, they're fine, but they have always been last year's model, or a model from two years ago. Some might be last year's model from a lesser-brand like Westinghouse or Coby or something like that sold for dirt cheap.

There are exceptions, of course. Several years ago, we sold some crummy Vivitar camera bundles for $20-$30. I think our cost was $32 or something. Usually, when an item like that is returned, we send it back to the manufacturer. Not these; they were destroy. We got to break them. They sure were fun to break, and we had tons of returns. It is actually pretty difficult to bust an LCD screen on a digital camera.

The latest trend is cheap-ass tablets made by Super Tablet Brand Success! They're returned by the dozens. Unfortunately, we don't get to break those :(
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#9RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 12:08:07 AM
so nothing then?

well this year just plain blows.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#10somebadlemonadePosted 11/27/2013 5:24:09 AM
because you don't know ahead of time

hmm. . .

i'm sure there will be the usual crappy stuff, and the few gems in super limited quantities like always, and the average or decent deals in decent or average quantities

<_< i still think we should have a consume day as a culture, but you get crazy looks or crazy people who agree with you and want to take down the government, when you say stuff like that =/
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ